Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
redzebs
Legend

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:If Rooney did his metatarsal tomorrow, we have one recognised forward in Wilson
What do we need forwards for??

That ball thing with the net thing, I did forget about Fellani tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
swampash
Legend

You mean that quaint idea of putting the round thing in the rectangular thing?
Not sure it will ever really catch on...
Last edited by swampash 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
redzebs
Legend

Eric7 wrote:Regarding DDG, I think we should keep him and let him go for free next year for 5 reasons - (1) he strikes me as a thoroughly professional player - even though he's keeping his options open I don't see him huffing (one bad pre-season game a primadonna does not make); (2) a DDG at 80% is still a hell of a lot better than what we have in reserve (IMO); (3) there don't appear to be any obvious candidates to replace him right now; (4) if we do actually mount a serious challenge this season then I'm sure he'll buckle down out of sheer desire to win something (it's only if we flounder that I can see him struggling mentally); (5) fuck Real Madrid!

I'm baffled as to why we haven't signed a CB though - if I was in charge I would've instructed Evans' agent to find him a new club and sent Jones off on loan to see if (a) he can stay fit for 10 consecutive games; and (b) perform to a consistently high standard.

Glad to see the back to Mary as well - if it weren't for the fact that the money is coming out of the Glazers' pockets I would insist that he buy out his contract to compensate us for the difference between what we paid and the re-sale value. Little prick.

We really need another attacker though - Lewandowski would be my pick. Wasn't guaranteed a spot at Bayern last year and sure can finish!

I agree with this fucker. :D
redzebs
Legend

swampash wrote:You mean that quaint idea of putting the round thing in the rectangular thing?
Not sure it will ever really catch on...

I like you but your repartees need work bro.

(-|
Spudiator
First Teamer

I'd take anything the Spanish press has to say with a pinch of salt. Seems like they're just shit-stirring to try and facilitate a quicker move.

United came out a couple of weeks ago saying that if the de Gea deal wasn't on their terms, they'd rather get another year out of him and sacrifice his transfer fee altogether. Now that's a dangerous statement to make if they were just playing a game of brinkmanship, because if they waver on that intent now it really is gonna make the club look like mugs! I've said it before, European Championships are coming up next Summer, and the last thing I'm sure de Gea would want to do is risk his chance of cementing his number 1 spot for the Spanish national team, so even if we do make him stay, I'd expect him to show some professionalism and do his best for us, even if it's not specifically for our benefit.
redzebs
Legend

Spudiator wrote:I'd take anything the Spanish press has to say with a pinch of salt. Seems like they're just shit-stirring to try and facilitate a quicker move.

United came out a couple of weeks ago saying that if the de Gea deal wasn't on their terms, they'd rather get another year out of him and sacrifice his transfer fee altogether. Now that's a dangerous statement to make if they were just playing a game of brinkmanship, because if they waver on that intent now it really is gonna make the club look like mugs! I've said it before, European Championships are coming up next Summer, and the last thing I'm sure de Gea would want to do is risk his chance of cementing his number 1 spot for the Spanish national team, so even if we do make him stay, I'd expect him to show some professionalism and do his best for us, even if it's not specifically for our benefit.

County Down sense, agreed.
Count Jackson
Reserves

bman2 wrote:At most it just means that Mendes has tried to peddle the "Van Gaal hurt David's fragile ego" line before. De Gea signed up Mendes ages ago to arrange the move to Real, the talk of him going there goes back well before Van Gaal even joined the club. This shit has been in the works for a good two years at least.

If Real don't make a decent offer, stick De Gea in the reserves and don't deal with Mendes again. We're the club sitting on a massive heap of money, agents and players will come knocking on our door regardless, so we should take the financial hit now to send the message that cunts and their cunt agents burn their bridges with us if they act like cunts. Which they are. Cunts.
:ymapplause:
Do you want Fries with that?
dozer
Legend

These De Gea rumours of a secret contract and other nonsense is irritatingly persistent.
De Gea hasn't been unprofessional at all; only Alf's "sources" in the Mail, Star and Marca say he is I think.
He's reported for work, hasn't spoken to the press and it looks like he'll do his job on the pitch next season.
I'm sure the club shows more class than some of the fans here and play him on merit, and treat him well.
Steggo
First Teamer

swampash wrote:More rumblings at Bayern? Just read an article claiming that Guardiola has said he thinks he might not be the right person for Bayern. Only in the local paper, but it is pretty good quality and plays it pretty straight with the footie comments.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ep-6174444
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

dozer wrote:These De Gea rumours of a secret contract and other nonsense is irritatingly persistent.
De Gea hasn't been unprofessional at all; only Alf's "sources" in the Mail, Star and Marca say he is I think.
He's reported for work, hasn't spoken to the press and it looks like he'll do his job on the pitch next season.
I'm sure the club shows more class than some of the fans here and play him on merit, and treat him well.
Alfs sources... :))

You really are an odious little shit... still... you're funny...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."