Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Messi could go to PSG and fuck up Pogba's chance of a move, at least this summer....
dozer
Legend

I think city can easily sign him. We should bid too.
Any club can afford him because of the marketing revenue he'll bring.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago I think city can easily sign him. We should bid too.
Any club can afford him because of the marketing revenue he'll bring.
Not a chance will we be in for him.
swampash
Legend

I wouldn't be too sure. He's the last thing we need, but merchandising income would be high, whether he plays regularly or not, and is likely to be the sort of thing that would appeal to the owners.
Suspect he'll go to PSG though.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I actually wouldn't want us to get Messi. For the first time in years, we actually seem to have a plan, and team spirit looks strong. Getting Messi would fly in the face of all that. Daft as it might sound, id be far happier with Neves or Saul to shore up that midfield. Get a quality DM in, and we actually have a really, really good side. Hopefully add Hartland next summer, and our squad is set for 3-4 years.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Aye Messi's fading influence plus ruinous wages that at very best would completely fuck up the wage structure, means it's a no from me. PSG are talking to his representatives, so he's likely to go there. The egos in that dressing room will be interesting, especially when they find out what each other are earning.
swampash
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago Can’t really see Kane going to City. Don’t see him fitting Pep’s formula.
City is a PR exercise for the UAE. Having the English captain and most popular player play for them suits their interests very well. And I think he fits well enough with Guardiola’s approach for him to be on board.
Absolutely this. Pep will get a tune out of him no problem. But there's a lot of talent of City, especially creative players, and someone is going to have to compromise.
Time will tell...I still don't see it happening though.
...looks like I was totally wrong.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... from-spurs
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

If City sign Kane how the fuck is their wage bill viable under FFP?
FuB
Site Admin

Sid wrote: 2 years ago If City sign Kane how the fuck is their wage bill viable under FFP?
They've already demonstrated that FFP doesn't apply to them. You just go to the CAS and chuck them a bung get them to rule on it
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago If City sign Kane how the fuck is their wage bill viable under FFP?
They've already demonstrated that FFP doesn't apply to them. You just go to the CAS and chuck them a bung get them to rule on it
Innit. Their wage bill last season was 351m and their turnover 478m. They've lost one top earner in Aguero, but they're potentially bringing in two with Kane and Grealish, so the wage bill will increase dramatically. Then you've got 200m + in their fees. So they've already breached their turnover by a ton. Then there's running costs, inflation and loads of other costs. Basically it's a piss take. They're just signing blank cheques and becoming unbeatable.