Euros 2021

Non-United football chat
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Was the Spain Sweden game a demonstration of how dismal Spain have become...or Sweden’s tactical mastery?
Spain are decent, their tiki taka is still effective, they just need more quality around the box, and a CF to bang in the goals. They won't do much this tournament but they're not a million miles away. They have an identity.

Pedri looks shit hot. He's only 18 and he's already doing Iniesta type things.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Was the Spain Sweden game a demonstration of how dismal Spain have become...or Sweden’s tactical mastery?
Spain are decent, their tiki taka is still effective, they just need more quality around the box, and a CF to bang in the goals. They won't do much this tournament but they're not a million miles away. They have an identity.

I thought tiki taka means no cfs. Tiki taka means an all midfield team ideally according to Spanish coaches. They want players to keep passing i.e. tiki taka their way into the goal. Always hated tiki taka, most boring form of football. Requires incredible skill and teamwork though.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago

I thought tiki taka means no cfs. Tiki taka means an all midfield team ideally according to Spanish coaches. They want players to keep passing i.e. tiki taka their way into the goal. Always hated tiki taka, most boring form of football. Requires incredible skill and teamwork though.
Typically it has no CF, but tiki taka itself means possession based football that uses short passes to move forward. You can play it with a goalscorer. That's what Spain need. If they get one, they'll be difficult to beat, cos no cunt can get the ball off em.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

I was about to say that Ronaldo might be past it! Proving the doubters wrong again. We might end up signing him this summer. Pogba was interviewed talking about how is required to play more defensively at United than at France or Juve. Allegri loves Pogba. Could see a Ronaldo-Pogba swap happening.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

I’m going to watch France v Germany. Hopefully it’s a good proper match.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Mad how only 3 of the 22 players on the pitch haven't won an international tournament or the CL
jason_uk
Star Man

1 month ago

Pogba with an unreal assist for France there.

Worldie pass.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Mad how only 3 of the 22 players on the pitch haven't won an international tournament or the CL
Plenty of quality on the benches too.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

jason_uk wrote:
1 month ago

Worldie pass.
Pogba looks great with Juve, a team that wins the domestic league and, I think, got to a CL final with him in. Pogba looks great with France, a World Cup winning team. Pogba looks average with United, a team that currently wins fuck all. United supporters’ conclusion? Pogba is shit and is holding United back :))
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
jason_uk wrote:
1 month ago

Worldie pass.
Pogba looks great with Juve, a team that wins the domestic league and, I think, got to a CL final with him in. Pogba looks great with France, a World Cup winning team. Pogba looks average with United, a team that currently wins fuck all. United supporters’ conclusion? Pogba is shit and is holding United back :))
It really is mad. He's just brilliant. The only criticism is his lack of pace. But other than that he can do everything a midfielder needs to do. His vision and passing range is world class, as is his ability to hold 2/3 players off and play his way out of trouble.