Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Jason
Star Man

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago Kane tells Tottenham he wants to leave

Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea have all been in touch with Kane's representatives

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ie-in-wait

I can't see us being genuinely interested having just given Cavani a new deal
Cavani may not play all games so we definitely need a centre forward.
Not Kane though. Too expensive. Galactico types. Cost of failure will be massive.

I even think Messi will flop at our club. He probably needs possession football with quick short passing so Pool and City will suit him.
He might be available for free at the end of the season so I'd take him if he gets crazy and wants to join.
I know you dont like galacticos dozer, but signing kane is nothing like buying di Maria, Falcao or any other woodward failures.

He is gold, look at his scoring record.

If we actually want to win a league title, he would be a massive step towards it.

But you dont need to worry, we won't cough up that kind of cash, more likely to sign someone like sancho who is much bigger risk of flopping, and glazers can pocket the money saved on the difference from kane.

I can see him ending up at Chelsea if man city refuse to meet spurs asking price. Which will mean 3rd/4th place fight again from us, with no real effort to close the gap.

I don't think we will ever win another league under the glazer ownership.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago

Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea have all been in touch with Kane's representatives

Not Kane though. Too expensive. Galactico types. Cost of failure will be massive.

I even think Messi will flop at our club. He probably needs possession football with quick short passing so Pool and City will suit him.
He might be available for free at the end of the season so I'd take him if he gets crazy and wants to join.
I know you dont like galacticos dozer, but signing kane is nothing like buying di Maria, Falcao or any other woodward failures.

If we actually want to win a league title, he would be a massive step towards it.

But you dont need to worry, we won't cough up that kind of cash, more likely to sign someone like sancho who is much bigger risk of flopping, and glazers can pocket the money saved on the difference from kane.

I can see him ending up at Chelsea if man city refuse to meet spurs asking price. Which will mean 3rd/4th place fight again from us, with no real effort to close the gap.

It really does come down to who wants to win stuff. Who invests. The CL is being contested by City and Chelsea - aka two teams that have invested the most (for image / sport washing reasons nontheless). City also won the league & league cup. Leicester won the FA CUp. They made key investments in infrastructure behind the scenes, making them the best run club otuside of City.

If United want to win a major trophy, now's the time to invest, cos top players are up for grabs. And if we don't sign em, the clubs that want success will, and we'll shit out.
dozer
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago

Tbf Di Maria and Falcao were Gaal's failures. Not Woodward's.
He's gold indeed but sometimes when players move they don't do well. Look at Torres, Shevchenko etc. He might also become injury prone. The cost of failure is a lot higher than a lesser value player.
Even City doesn't spend so much money on a single player.
It's also not a sustainable model. We'd have the most expensive defender, midfielder (or whatever his "best" position is) and striker in the same team!
Sancho would be worse though. Dortmund players must be avoided!

Kane would cost 120m.
Lets say we buy a defender for 50m. That's 170m on 2 players.
We could simply buy 2 defenders, a midfielder and a striker, that is 4 players in the range of 40-50m each with that money.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

We should be in for Kane, but we won't be. There's talk that our net outlay this summer will be 100-150m, which seems like the upper limit of what's realistic.

We need 5 players to become a title winning side. A CB, a DM, striker, right winger and another right back. The biggest 3 priorities are CB, DM and Right Wing.

This is going to sound very 'Championship Manager', but a properly ambitious summer would look like:

In
Varane 45m
Bissouma 40m
Raphinhan 50m
Tripper 10m
Kane 100m
Heaton Free

Spend 245m

Out

Gea 25m
Dalot 15m
Martial 20m
Lingard 20m
Matic, Jones, Rojo, Mata

Net 165m

Never in a million years are we doing even half that business.
fat maradona
Legend

Re Kane, I'm not keen purely for the reason that he would limit Greenwood's game time and Greenwood will be a better striker than him in a couple of years time. But then I started thinking, Spurs have always wanted Martial and so why not do a Martial + cash (£50m?) swap for Kane. That'd fix up all problems.

If we've only got a limited budget this window, then we need to prioritise getting rid of Bailly and Lindelof and Fred. There are some mustard yoot coming through (Garner had a great season at Forest) but they won't quite be ready to step up to the first team week in, week out.
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago Re Kane, I'm not keen purely for the reason that he would limit Greenwood's game time and Greenwood will be a better striker than him in a couple of years time. But then I started thinking, Spurs have always wanted Martial and so why not do a Martial + cash (£50m?) swap for Kane. That'd fix up all problems.

If we've only got a limited budget this window, then we need to prioritise getting rid of Bailly and Lindelof and Fred. There are some mustard yoot coming through (Garner had a great season at Forest) but they won't quite be ready to step up to the first team week in, week out.
You think Levy is that thick. :))
Greenwood isn't good enough to play in the middle. Right wing suits him. He's not a centre forward.
bman2
Legend

Kane could be the finishing touch for Chelsea, Liverpool, or most likely City. But we’ve already got an attack that’s much better than a very average back six.

Fred — McTominay
Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - Wan-Bissaka

That’s where we need to really improve things. Easy to find better players there.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Kane could be the finishing touch for Chelsea, Liverpool, or most likely City. But we’ve already got an attack that’s much better than a very average back six.

Fred — McTominay
Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - Wan-Bissaka

That’s where we need to really improve things. Easy to find better players there.
Agreed. Although why isn't Pogba in midfield? Ole doesn't seem to think he's so useful there nowadays.
Is he a top winger? Nope.
Are we going to change our formation permanently to a diamond midfield to suit him? I doubt it.
Pogba has to play in midfield or not play at all. He said he can't defend but he's not a number 10. He's not quick enough mentally to be a number 10. He makes great passes only when he has time.
If we can replace him with a good winger, I'll be happy. He's running out his contract anyway.
dozer
Legend

Aguero is joining Barcelona. Lmao. They're truly fucked financially
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago Aguero is joining Barcelona. Lmao. They're truly fucked financially
I thought they were meant to be getting their wage bill in order? The club is literally near bankrupcy, and they fork out big wages for a knackered galactico.