OGS.....

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Thanks dozer. Be interesting to see what the hobbit says then. I guess he’s certain to be asked.
Yep.
Btw, what if Solskjer was giving this interview instead of Tuchel saying exactly what Tuchel said?
You'd be okay with his answer? There has been no outrage from Chelsea fans about this.

Watch the beginning of this interview.
swampash
Legend

Yes, very shifty.
I guess he either knew before he took the job, and was bluffing with his answer, or he was scared of falling out again with his employer and getting fired. Disappointing either way.
bman2
Legend

I’m sure all the managers and agents at the ESL clubs knew it was coming, they just didn’t necessarily expect the sudden timing of it.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect managers and other staff to publicly criticize the owners.
bman2
Legend

I’m sure all the managers and agents at the ESL clubs knew it was coming, they just didn’t necessarily expect the sudden timing of it.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect managers and other staff to publicly criticize the owners.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago I'm not sure he was brought in specifically to sell the ESL idea to fans, but I think there could be something in the idea that the hobbit was an attractive option for Woodworm and the Glazers inasmuch as he wouldn't have had the balls to speak out about what they were planning to do, when it came to it. I might have missed it, but I haven't noticed that he has made any sort of comment against the ESL plan.
All managers are only speaking during the pre/post match press conferences.
Klopp was neutral to negative about it.
Guardiola openly was against it.

Tuchel was indifferent to it. He probably supported it since he said he wanted to play in the toughest competitions.
Zidane looked happy tbf.
Jose is gone.

Arteta and Solskjaer's interviews are pending since there are no games but now they can easily criticize the plan. We can't say if they would have done it prior to the cancellation.
Managers aside, the captain's of all clubs got together and out our a statement against the ESL

Even if managers were on side (the best two in the world, Klopp and Guardiola, weren't) it means nowt if the players are against it. Players want competition. Any ESL or reformed CL has to reward hard work or they won't be on board
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I’m sure all the managers and agents at the ESL clubs knew it was coming, they just didn’t necessarily expect the sudden timing of it.

No one criticised the owners. But Guardiola disagreed with the concept of the ESL. Klopp looked like he disagreed but he was a bit scared of saying anything. Tuchel didn't give a fuck. He seemed happy. He's got that indifferent smile of someone who's unaffected. We're all affected by his boring football though.

Guardiola's answer was the least the others could do.
dozer
Legend

He bottled it in this interview. Guardiola and Klopp made much more aggressive comments.
swampash
Legend

From the Guardian:
United host Roma in Thursday’s opening leg hoping to reach a first final in five attempts under Solskjær. The manager was asked about the Italian club after knocking out Granada in the previous round and is believed by Roma fans to have said: “I don’t know them and I haven’t seen them play.”

~X( :wall: :tosser:
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The quote is bullshit. He doesn't know who Roma are? He played in the 7-1 win.
swampash
Legend

Reckon it’s Roma trying to work up a head of steam before the game, Sid?