Manchester United to break away from the Premier League

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

Guardiola is the only one who spoke out against it. Klopp bottled it as usual. I've always felt he puts a big show for the fans. Idk what people heard in his post match interview for Sky.

I think Ole will only speak on Friday. Unfortunately.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago Guardiola is the only one who spoke out against it. Klopp bottled it as usual. I've always felt he puts a big show for the fans. Idk what people heard in his post match interview for Sky.

In Klopp's pre match interview he said he stands by the vehemently anti ESL comments he made in 2019, thus is against it

All managers are having to be clever with their comments right now and not go too far cos they'll get sacked, a simple fact I'm surprised some of you are ignorant to

In more interesting news than Dozer being thick, there's talk of removing Shankley's statue from Anfield, a move which has been approved by his grandson who is eager for it to come down. Wow
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago Guardiola is the only one who spoke out against it. Klopp bottled it as usual. I've always felt he puts a big show for the fans. Idk what people heard in his post match interview for Sky.

In Klopp's pre match interview he said he stands by the vehemently anti ESL comments he made in 2019, thus is against it

All managers are having to be clever with their comments right now and not go too far cos they'll get sacked, a simple fact I'm surprised some of you are ignorant to

In more interesting news than Dozer being thick, there's talk of removing Shankley's statue from Anfield, a move which has been approved by his grandson who is eager for it to come down. Wow
Who's pro employer now Sid?
I guess you've never said boo to your employer eh
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

THE ESL IS DYING
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago

Who's pro employer now Sid?
I guess you've never said boo to your employer eh
Eh?

Doze let's leave it eh cos I'm already aware I'm posting too much as it is
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Lads, tell me, how does Ed survive this if the ESL fails???

He just has to go. He's wrecked all relationships with all of the authorities he's required to work with if he comes crawling back. And none of them will trust him anymore, cos he and the Glazers will try this again in 1/2 years time. UEFAs president called him a liar and a snake.

And that's not even mentioning the fans who sent him death threats and attacked his home for simply not buying players

His existence as United chief exec is impossible now. Likewise the Glazers and FSG. But admittedly they're harder to ditch as legal owners.

What do you lot reckon?
bman2
Legend

Why would Woodward be sacked for doing precisely what his employers want? UEFA doesn’t get to say who clubs hire.

Worst case scenario for the EPL teams is that UEFA and the domestic leagues make a whole bunch of concessions to keep them on board.
dozer
Legend

Yep. We're getting the ESL one way or the other.
I think the champions league will turn into the ESL by changing the format to allow big clubs to create a closed shop. It'll be under UEFA so they'll stop cribbing. Everyone goes home happy.
bman2
Legend

Yeah normally some kind of compromise is what I’d expect here. Although it’s kind of gone in a confrontational direction and the EPL clubs might just go for it now. On the one hand, you’ve twats like Boris Johnson getting involved, and on the other you’ve got the ready offer of 300M cash up front. The 12 must be eying that 300M and thinking it would be better to take the cash and some short term PR damage in exchange for ridding yourselves of twats like Boris Johnson for good.