Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Aguero has confirmed he's leaving City in the summer. So all eyes turn to his replacement - probably either Kane or Haaland. It's no coincidence that Kane made those comments literally the day before this announcement.

I doubt we'll even get the one they don't get tbh
bman2
Legend

Haaland might stay at Dortmund another year, because supposedly he’ll have a release clause for something like £60m next summer. Almost everyone is broke. Dortmund would surely want at least two clubs outbidding each other, and he’s only going to go to a club he likes.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Aguero has confirmed he's leaving City in the summer. So all eyes turn to his replacement - probably either Kane or Haaland. It's no coincidence that Kane made those comments literally the day before this announcement.

We're not getting either. We're no longer a draw for top talent, even if we were willing to pony up the cash.

We're better off focusing on someone like Calvert-Lewin. Although we've been linked with this guy:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andre-s ... ler/198008

As many goals as Haaland this season, in a weaker team.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I'd be going all out for Tielemans in midfield too. He's quality. And Ruben Neves at Wolves. The midfeld needs a complete fucking rebuild. For all that we need a CB, Striker and Right Winger, we need to sort the midfield. It's shite. A proper midfield would protect the defence and support the attack. I'm convinced its our priority. If we can get a decent fee for Pogba, there are plenty of options to re-invest that in 2 quality, deeper lying midfielders. A Midfield trio of something like Neves, Tielemans and Bruno would transform how we can play.

That said, I expect we'll fast tracker James Garner into the first team instead.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago Aguero has confirmed he's leaving City in the summer. So all eyes turn to his replacement - probably either Kane or Haaland. It's no coincidence that Kane made those comments literally the day before this announcement.

We're not getting either. We're no longer a draw for top talent, even if we were willing to pony up the cash.

We're better off focusing on someone like Calvert-Lewin. Although we've been linked with this guy:

He's having an interesting career. Milan made a big deal about signing him but he flopped due to "cultural issues" which is worrying. But now he's showing his quality. You can't deny those stats, or his stats for Portugal.

He seems like a poacher, which isn't ideal but he'd be useful against teams that park the bus. Worth considering cos he's actually getable unlike Kane and Haaland.
bman2
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago I'd be going all out for Tielemans in midfield too. He's quality. And Ruben Neves at Wolves. The midfeld needs a complete fucking rebuild. For all that we need a CB, Striker and Right Winger, we need to sort the midfield. It's shite. A proper midfield would protect the defence and support the attack. I'm convinced its our priority. If we can get a decent fee for Pogba, there are plenty of options to re-invest that in 2 quality, deeper lying midfielders. A Midfield trio of something like Neves, Tielemans and Bruno would transform how we can play.

That said, I expect we'll fast tracker James Garner into the first team instead.
When Leicester signed Tielemans a couple of summers ago, I saw several people arguing that we should sell Pogba and pip Leicester to Tielemans instead (he was on a half season loan with them). Looks like they were right. Now we’re looking at Pogba winding down his contract, when instead we could have come out ahead financially and maybe also on the pitch.
bman2
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago

I know nothing about him. But he moved clubs last summer for less than €3M, so the situation is perfect for those canny operators Woodard and Ole to sneak in and offer £80M.

Tbh, unless it’s Lewandowski, I don’t trust stats from the Bundesliga at all. Oddly, players seem to do better moving to the PL from the French league, even though Bundelsiga is supposed to be higher quality.

I trust Haaland’s stats because they hold up in Austria and with the Norwegian team. Sancho though? Lingard would get his numbers with Dortmund. I suspect you can get better for a fraction of the money. I think Sancho’s reputation has peaked already. He’s just another right footed wide attacker with decent stats in Germany. Dime a dozen, as they say in the US.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-23380947

Imagine choosing Lindelof over Van Dijk....
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-23380947

Imagine choosing Lindelof over Van Dijk....
He said, ‘you know what Chaz, in the summer it was like between more or Lindelof and they signed Lindelof’.

“Obviously there was talk in the summer he was going to go there then they’ve gone and taken Lindelof instead.”

Fucking hell. Ed. Jose. Shoot them.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Mad stat: City have never spent more than 62m on a single player under Pep. Despite the fact everyone knows they have hundreds of billions, they haven't had to overspend.

United on the other hand spent 89m on Pogba, 80m on Maguire and 75-100m on Lukaku. They see Ed coming and they rinse him.