Vs Southampton

Forum for match day threads
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 years ago

Can someone please delete Danni's posts before I have to read them....better still just delete him
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Credit has to go to em for winning after a Euro away as well

Doesn't happen often, regardless of the opposition
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Carragher awkwardly suggesting we might, at some point, possibly, maybe... blame Rooney for Rooney's shitness, rather than managers, systems, philosophies etc.

God forbid

Only barely suggested it though, with Nev, Rooney's mate and coach next to him, and the England audience watching, as well as Rooney and his scouse connections

The best thing the pro Rooney lot have is that Gaal is still backing him - the man some of em hate for being boring, passing too much and all that. But Gaal believes in him, keeps playing him, god knows he never fucking subs him despite his shitness, backed him in the press conference
senna
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Carragher awkwardly suggesting we might, at some point, possibly, maybe... blame Rooney for Rooney's shitness, rather than managers, systems, philosophies etc.

God forbid

Only barely suggested it though, with Nev, Rooney's mate and coach next to him, and the England audience watching, as well as Rooney and his scouse connections

The best thing the pro Rooney lot have is that Gaal is still backing him - the man some of em hate for being boring, passing too much and all that. But Gaal believes in him, keeps playing him, god knows he never fucking subs him despite his shitness, backed him in the press conference
Wonder how long that will last, he can't be that stupid to accept shite performance after shite performance?
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Well there is precedent for him having dry spells before coming good again, but this is going on a while now and he's not really contributing anything to the team at the moment, very little anyway. It's getting very frustrating to watch.
just1n
Legend

5 years ago

Lazarus wrote:44 passes before the Mata goal, LVG's dream.
Souness spoke about this. Basically saying that Utd are probing for a weakness and then quicken the tempo to exploit that weakness. It looks like aimless passing but it's really not. LVG's system is possession based. He does not want to play end to end football. It reminds me of the Argentina vs Serbia 2006 goal when Cambiasso scored after a passage of endless probing. Brilliant when it comes off.
[color=#008000]GLAZERS[/color] [color=#FF8000]OUT![/color]
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Gaal apparently bollocked or had strong words with Rooney during the game

There are photos on the Caf but no video
Lazarus
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Gaal apparently bollocked or had strong words with Rooney during the game

It was caught on the live broadcast. It looked like an ordinary conversation. Stop looking for shite Sid. Your worse than the tabloids ffs. Can't see a win, very few will beat Southhampton, we signed the wrong Dutch manager. :-$
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:Gaal apparently bollocked or had strong words with Rooney during the game

Didn't look like a bollocking but they definitely had a lengthy talk about something.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Lazarus wrote:

It was caught on the live broadcast. It looked like an ordinary conversation. Stop looking for shite Sid. Your worse than the tabloids ffs. Can't see a win, very few will beat Southhampton, we signed the wrong Dutch manager. :-$
I was going by what they said on the Caf because I missed it when it happened. But strong words sound pretty accurate by the sounds of it, as much as you'd like to gloss over Rooney's shitness.

Southampton are a good team though. A couple of brain farts and some top keeping stopped em getting a point. We did well to beat em.

The wrong dutch manager was a joke btw

Ffs