vs Tottenham

Forum for match day threads
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

5 years ago

Davey-boy wrote:We should leak to the press on Friday that we are offering Spurs £50m for Kane and putting him on £200k per week....that'll unsettle him
=)) =))
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

5 years ago

I would start with:

De Gea (or Romero if DDG is gone)

Darmian - Smalling - Rojo (if fit) - Shaw

Herrera - Carrick - Schweinsteiger

Mata - Rooney - Depay

---Herrera starting in the XI instead of Young every time & Depay must be better than Young for goals too.
Schweinsteiger and Herrera ahead of Schneiderlin, though all three if Carrick gets injured. Herrera and Carrick complemented each other well when we beat Spurs, L'pool, City etc. so good for continuity. Essentially it is Schweinsteiger in for Fellaini compared to last year.

If the front was as 4-2-3-1 then it would read:

Carrick - Schweinsteiger

Mata - Herrera - Depay
Rooney

Herrera was so good last year it will be a shame if Schneiderlin or Schweinsteiger automatically replace him.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

urboystook1hellofabeating wrote:I would start with:

De Gea (or Romero if DDG is gone)

Darmian - Smalling - Rojo (if fit) - Shaw

Herrera - Carrick - Schweinsteiger

Mata - Rooney - Depay

---Herrera starting in the XI instead of Young every time & Depay must be better than Young for goals too.
Schweinsteiger and Herrera ahead of Schneiderlin, though all three if Carrick gets injured. Herrera and Carrick complemented each other well when we beat Spurs, L'pool, City etc. so good for continuity. Essentially it is Schweinsteiger in for Fellaini compared to last year.

If the front was as 4-2-3-1 then it would read:

Carrick - Schweinsteiger

Mata - Herrera - Depay
Rooney

Herrera was so good last year it will be a shame if Schneiderlin or Schweinsteiger automatically replace him.

I don't understand though why everyone is trying to fit Herrera into the number 10. role when we have so many players that can play there, for example I'd have him in the team all day long but not in the 10. ahead of Mata. If it's 4 3 3 I would play Schnederlin and Herrera and one of Carrick/Steiger, younger, gives us more legs in the middle.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

I can't believe it's a year later and here we are again figuring out the line up for the first game. Massive sense of deja vu.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
bman2
Legend

5 years ago

swampash wrote:I can't believe it's a year later and here we are again figuring out the line up for the first game. Massive sense of deja vu.
Front three has to be Depay-Roo-Mata. I'd like to see Carrick-Schneiderlin-Herrera in the middle. That six seems like the proverbial no-brainer to me, for this match anyway.

Our CB pairing is not clear, but I'm feeling really positive about our full backs. I think Shaw and Darmian might tear shit up this season. I hope Darmian learns some English quickly, or he's going to get lonely as fuck.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

5 years ago

I'm not really arsed about the line up. Van Gaal has now had the time to build his team and has no injuries to contend with.

So what I'm looking at is the manner of the performance. If its the same sideways-sideways-zero risk-bore you to fuck nonsense that we had for 3/4 of last season, it'll be a long season ahead.
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

DDG dropped for Spurs
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:DDG dropped for Spurs
Good... and hope that's because he's being a cunt, not because he's being sold...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Davey-boy
Legend

5 years ago

That's very interesting. He'll be like a cancer at the club now.
marlon
Legend

5 years ago

Johnstone should get the start. Would be odd if Romero started without a preseason.

He also confirmed Schweinsteiger isn't starting