Vs Liverpool

Forum for match day threads
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

There's a huge protest planned before this game. There has been for the others but this one is getting national attention. MUST are asking for all protests to be legal which is no surprise. But that hints that there are illegal protests/action planned too. If we could ge the game called off again that would be great.

As for the game, I can't be fucked. Liverpool will probably humiliate us again which will only add fuel to the fire.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I want carnage. For legal purposes, as online content is admissible in court, I in no way encourage illegal protests, but if they happen, I won't lose sleep. They may even be effective.

And yeah, getting the game off has to be the objective. Only way we'll keep a clean sheet too.
bman2
Legend

If it becomes impossible to hold a United game because of fan protests, the PL and FA might start fining the club, and it’s the sort of unsustainable situation that might force the parasites to sell.

I hope fans do everything possible to lower the price the Glazers would get. After all, the less a prospective buyer has to give to the parasite, the more they would be able to invest in the club.

But really the government should step in and force a sale at the current share price. It’s the flagrant pillaging of a major cultural institution.
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I want carnage. For legal purposes, as online content is admissible in court, I in no way encourage illegal protests, but if they happen, I won't lose sleep. They may even be effective.

And yeah, getting the game off has to be the objective. Only way we'll keep a clean sheet too.
Definitely violence, destruction of property, coming to club staff’s homes, vandalism etc, are crossing many lines. That’s just hooliganism. But proper peaceful protests, and perhaps most importantly the good old boycott, are definitely needed to change the club for the better.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I want carnage. For legal purposes, as online content is admissible in court, I in no way encourage illegal protests, but if they happen, I won't lose sleep. They may even be effective.

Definitely violence, destruction of property, coming to club staff’s homes, vandalism etc, are crossing many lines. That’s just hooliganism. But proper peaceful protests, and perhaps most importantly the good old boycott, are definitely needed to change the club for the better.
I would counter that with the "violence" of the fans on the pitch eg smashing TV cameras was super effective cos it got the game called off which cost them, Liverpool and league an unquantifiable amount of money. It also encapsulated fan power and let them all know where the power lies.

When used like this instance as part of a wider campaign of direct action it works and is needed.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Amen Sid.
Felwin
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago
bman2 wrote: 1 year ago

I would counter that with the "violence" of the fans on the pitch eg smashing TV cameras was super effective cos it got the game called off which cost them, Liverpool and league an unquantifiable amount of money. It also encapsulated fan power and let them all know where the power lies.

When used like this instance as part of a wider campaign of direct action it works and is needed.
Completely agree. The "wider footballing community" was so quick to condemn the fan protests at OT the other year, only referring to the absolute worst behaviour (none of it worse than a Saturday night in most UK cities, mind). But how have the unheard ever got things done?
OliverB
Reserves

We are going to win this game 2-1.
It's in our DNA, every time things look really bad we get a win to make things look rosy again for a few weeks.
You'll hear legends like Keano and the Nevlers saying 'those players aren't playing for the manager' in the build up to a game, then all of a sudden the players come good and win the game to prove them wrong.
;)
Felwin
Legend

Klopp already getting his whinge in early in case the game gets called off. Saying it’s nothing to do with the scousers.

Sorry pal, you’re the manager of our biggest rival and this game is by default the best to make a statement, you’re implicitly involved. Turns out the hero of the people doesn’t much like it when the people take action.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62620170
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago Klopp already getting his whinge in early in case the game gets called off. Saying it’s nothing to do with the scousers.

Sorry pal, you’re the manager of our biggest rival and this game is by default the best to make a statement, you’re implicitly involved. Turns out the hero of the people doesn’t much like it when the people take action.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62620170
Absolutely. You don't just get points for free ffs. If he or any other manager had owt about em they'd lend their support to the fans / world of football that wants rid of the Glazers.