Vs City

Forum for match day threads
swampash
Legend

Sadly I can’t really comment as I missed the game because I was on a pro-Ukraine demo.
Sounds terribly like virtue signaling but hopefully explains my lack of engagement today.
dozer
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago
FuB wrote: 2 years ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago This has been a horrible performance. We've been shit this half. Rangnick hasn't done shit in his time here.
Harsh. Hes had no backing in the market and this squad has massive holes. First half we were OK, better than the game earlier this season. Hes made Sancho look a player. We're a long way off, what did you think he'd do by now, with this lot? This isn't about tweaks, we need a proper rebuild.
Dozer just seems unbelievably keen for Ralf to be seen as a failure
Nope. If that's the argument, apply it to all those commenting against Ole and anyone else prior. He's not done shit yet.

He's not improved the team. We should have been 5-6 goals down today. Our tough run of fixtures starts today.

I didn't buy the argument that Ole was tactically naive and now that we have a supposedly great tactician we've achieved nothing. It's not just the points. The performances are shit.
well no, dozer, it's not "the argument". I'm not making an argument. It's just a statement and no one would disagree that you've been on Ralf's case more or less since he was announced. You're entitled to your opinion and, whether you bring up some extra strawmen or not, i'm entitled to point it out. Are you disagreeing with me that you're keen for Ralf to be seen as a failure?
Yes, as usual.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
FuB wrote: 2 years ago The gulf in class and mentality was laid out bare for all to see towards the end of the second half when we broke from one of their corners and at least five of their players sprinted back to surround Sancho breaking forward with the ball... and he had a head start on all of them.
The difference in culture between the two clubs is obvious when you look at Grealish and Mahrez. City signed them both when they were the star talents at smaller clubs. But they've both become tactically disciplined cogs in the machine at City. That's not a knock on them, that's just what Pep insists on. At United, we would have signed them, then expected them to keep doing the superstar thing without any clear instructions, alongside Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Sancho, and everyone else who's treated like their the star of our team.
This is spot on.