Vs Villa (Cup)

Forum for match day threads
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

There's no forward running off the ball. None.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Elanga done more in 8 mins than Rashford in 85.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Need to start Elanga over Rashford.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

They'll turn us over in the league game next week at their place. No danger.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We were there for the taking tbf
dozer
Legend

I missed the game. I'm glad we won.
I guess the Gegenpressing and player improvement via coaching didn't show up tonight either? At least we kept a clean sheet and are conceding fewer goals. That's a plus.
bman2
Legend

It’s hard to see it, but the stats suggest there is some kind of progress being made. I think the defence and midfield are adapting to Ralf’s methods. Maybe not very well yet, but they seem to be getting somewhere. We’ve stopped leaking goals, and we’re scoring from deep midfield.

The problem is the forwards. They’re not getting to grips with it at all. Which means they’re not pressing, which means midfield and defence are under pressure all the time. Ralf’s game is about defending from the front, in the opposition’s half. Cavani is maybe the only one doing it from the front four.
fat maradona
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago It’s hard to see it, but the stats suggest there is some kind of progress being made. I think the defence and midfield are adapting to Ralf’s methods. Maybe not very well yet, but they seem to be getting somewhere. We’ve stopped leaking goals, and we’re scoring from deep midfield.

The problem is the forwards. They’re not getting to grips with it at all. Which means they’re not pressing, which means midfield and defence are under pressure all the time. Ralf’s game is about defending from the front, in the opposition’s half. Cavani is maybe the only one doing it from the front four.
We have stopped leaking goals but I think that is more down to the oppo not being clinical vs our defence being better. Villa should have smashed at least 4 or 5 past us. But it's that shite midfield which prevents us from playing any better. Fred loses the ball more than a blind man, McT isn't that much better and neither of them can move the ball forwards that well. Hence why the forward line is starved or finds themselves in cul-de-sacs.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I don't see any evidence that we're getting better defensively in terms of our performance. Every game, our stand out performer is David de Gea.

The stat shows a clean sheet last night. It doesn't show that Villa had 2 goals marginally disallowed, hit the woodwork and that our Keeper had to make 3 or 4 quality saves.

This squad needs massive change, and I'm at the point whereby I'd rather see the likes of Elanga, Amad than so called established first team players. I'd have kept Axel around too.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It's hard to determine whether or not we've made progress defensivly cos yeah we're not letting in as many goals but we're also there for the taking in many games. If feels like we're one hiding away from the progress myth being busted.

We play Villa again on Saturday, and as someone said earlier in this thread, they'll probably do us. When they turned it on we couldn't live with them. We became nervous and frustrated.

Once teams get over the fear factor of the names on the teamsheet, they know we're shit. Villa are 13th ffs and we couldn't live with em.