vs Crystal Palace

Forum for match day threads
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Maguire should be off after that headbutt. Nobody sticks to the concussion rule.
sheesh
Legend

Not watching the game, but it seems as if we've played a lot better today (going off commentary on the Guardian website).

Need to score more goals in these games, though.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The clean sheet is massive
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We saw a lot of Rangnick football in the first half, but it disappeared in the second.
dozer
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago Not watching the game, but it seems as if we've played a lot better today (going off commentary on the Guardian website).

Need to score more goals in these games, though.
That's not so obvious. There was a tradeoff. We created fewer good chances and we looked less like conceding goals. We dominated the game more. It was more like Gaal football. It'll be interesting how we play when we get a goal behind. Under Gaal we didn't show any urgency and barely created any chances. Unlike Gaal ball, In this game our attackers had many touches.
sheesh
Legend

Oh right, I see. Well we got the win...onwards and upwards.
dozer
Legend

Dalot and Telles were very good again today. They played well even before Rangnick mind, under Carrick. Its just been a couple of games tbf.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago We saw a lot of Rangnick football in the first half, but it disappeared in the second.
Yeah, understandable. If we can gradually build our ability to play with the intensity of the first 30 mins for longer periods, so that by the end of the season and going into next we're able to do it for 90 mins.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Rangnick on McTominay and Fred in 4-2-2-2: 'Scotty and Fred are almost perfect defensively on that. There were one or two mistakes. In the first-half, two square passes - one from Scott and one from Fred. I don't like those kind of balls in midfield from those positions.'
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
bman2
Legend

Unfortunately I missed the first half, and it sounds like we were much better in the first half. But I thought we looked better than before in the second half anyway. The pressing was obvious, Palace had a hard time holding onto the ball. I’m honestly surprised that there was much of a visible difference to our play already. The CBs looked more composed. There was just more of a sense that people knew what the plan was.

Maintaining energy levels will be difficult.

Fred with a quality goal! The guy was so happy. Apparently Rangnick really liked the look of Elanga in training.