Vs City

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

The difference this season is that Ole has suddenly felt the same expectations that his predecessors felt. Until now he got away with not making a serious effort to win the league or CL.
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago Micah Richards is the one talking sense over neville, who keeps backing his mate.
What did he say? The same thing as everyone else?
Pretty much just raising the question on if ogs was the right man to take utd on, and that he thought he had took them as far as he could, and another manager could get more from the team. Meanwhile neville is shouting at him saying does micah want him sacked in the morning. To which Richards responds he doesn't want any manager to be sacked, and neville is like, oh well then you think same as me, and that he shouldn't be sacked then.
sheesh
Legend

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago
But it's also nonsense to think that a new manager will turn us into a title winning club. A new manager will still have no midfield - and also be part of a club that puts commercial signings first, and refuses to modernise the behind the scenes infrastructure which is now necessary to challenge for major honours. It takes more than spending a lot of money on transfers, which the Glazers have done. But even then it's not done to a coordinated football strategy.

We need a new manager and new owners. But what happens when the season starts is that the anger that was directed at the owners gets passed on to the manager who takes all the flak while the owners continue mismanaging the club - and the cycle continues.
sheesh
Legend

I agree with what you're saying, Sid.

I don't think anyone is pretending that a new manager will fix all of the club's problems. These have been discussed at length on here over several years in reference to all levels of the club, off the pitch and on the pitch. The new guy will inherit these same challenges and we mustn't lose sight of that. I believe Carragher has said similar things about the way United is run as a club.

No club has a divine right to win the league, but we should have been able to make a better fist of things this season.
Surely it's on the manager that we signed Jadon Sancho (who we scouted for 2 years), as it is that we didn't sign a DM. I don't think Ole's responsible for all the problems with the make up of the squad (the suits have to take the blame for our inability to offload players and for unnecessary contract extensions given to players), but I'd highlight those two issues.
bman2
Legend

I’ve read that Ten Hag wants Ajax’s DoF to come with him for his next job. We should leap on that, and get Van der Sar in too! If the Gkazers had any sense, they’d jump at the chance to hire a whole proven team to run the football side of things.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I’ve read that Ten Hag wants Ajax’s DoF to come with him for his next job. We should leap on that, and get Van der Sar in too! If the Gkazers had any sense, they’d jump at the chance to hire a whole proven team to run the football side of things.
This is what needs to happen for us to have a chance under the Glazers. But there's no understanding from those at the top. It took 7 years of screaming to get a DoF, and even then it's a bit of a scam.
fat maradona
Legend

What a contrast between Ole’s mates and those who want the best for United. Keane banging on about how it’s the players fault for lacking courage, fucking laughable. What, Fergie was lucky enough to have so many courageous players in his squad at the same time? Flukey cunt!
swampash
Legend

We might have issues in midfield and right back, but a decent manager would make a better fist of overcoming them than the hobbit. Get VdB into the midfield, probably alongside Telles, and you are a long way to redressing the problem. Add in some half decent coaching and a game plan that consists of more than ‘give the ball to Ronaldo’ and you are even further ahead. Drop Maguire and you’re much further ahead again. It ain’t rocket science, but we’re managed by an idiot who can’t see the way ahead. Get rid. Fast. Nellie the fucking elephant could do better...
bman2
Legend

Ole’s just not able to do the job at this level. We can analyse it all kinds of ways, but that’s what it comes down to. He’s probably too healthy and balanced as a person, because the real top managers are all a bit crazy, and they’re all horrible people when they’re losing. Ole is nice when he’s losing. So he keeps losing.

The players are in it for glory, to be champions, and of course to earn lots of money. Once they know a manager can’t give them glory, at a club like United, it all starts to fall apart very quickly. And that’s exactly what we’re seeing.

And I’m not bothered at all by the likes of Keane and GNev going easy on Ole. They’re friends, it’s nice to see. It’s not like this is political journalism and they’re covering up sordid shit that really matters. It’s only football. Scholes has been putting the boot in though a bit!