vs Villa

Forum for match day threads
sheesh
Legend
Posts: 2739
Joined: 5 years ago

2 months ago

I must admit that I did wonder how Cavani would adapt to the premier league. What a signing he's been.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6538
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
I must admit that I did wonder how Cavani would adapt to the premier league. What a signing he's been.
Hes struggling, personally with Manchester so it looks like he'll be off.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26586
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

It's another good win, let down once again by out absolutely shite defence, the worst of which is obviously Lindelhoof

Just one better CB and we don't give half as many goals away
User avatar
brianofnazarethffs
Legend
Posts: 4807
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

We’ve only lost once in the last 28 games! That’s staggering. That was a freak result against Sheffield United too.

Are we a player or two from challenging properly?
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...


Rant's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
sheesh
Legend
Posts: 2739
Joined: 5 years ago

2 months ago

I still don't think much of our squad, but you can't argue with our results this season. We've had fewer defeats than City.

You have to give Ole credit for us to get where we are, and for taking us to a Europa league final. OK, we need to get to the next level, but the PE teacher has done a pretty good job (in my eyes).

Things will be harder next season, though. In addition to City, you'd think that Chelsea will challenge for the title. Liverpool surely won't be as bad next season as they have been this season. I know we say this every year, but we really have to invest.
Last edited by sheesh on Sun May 09, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6538
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 months ago
We’ve only lost once in the last 28 games! That’s staggering. That was a freak result against Sheffield United too.

Are we a player or two from challenging properly?
Nah. We're still conceding the first goal too often. We won't get away with it next season.
We need a centre back and 2 forwards if cavani leaves.
Most times signings don't work out so I'm assuming only 1 or 2 out of these signings will work.
User avatar
dozer
Legend
Posts: 6538
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

sheesh wrote:
2 months ago
I still don't think much of our squad, but you can't argue with our results this season. We've had fewer defeats than City.

You have to give Ole credit for us to get where we are, and for taking us to a Europa league final. OK, we need to get to the next level, but the PE teacher has done a pretty good job (in my eyes).

Things will be harder next season, though. In addition to City, you'd think that Chelsea will challenge for the title. Liverpool surely won't be as bad next season as they have been this season. I know we say this every year, but we really have to invest.
Pretty good job? He's done an excellent job. Top of the table at one point, easy champions league qualifications this season and last, with lesser money spent in transfers and wages compared to his predecessors. No ones even come close to his results post Fergie. And the team looks like it'll get better unlike Jose's teams when Jose delivered good results that season.
Chelsea are far away from challenging unless they buy a lot of players. The new manager effect will wear off.
I think Pool are on the decline.
User avatar
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend
Posts: 6139
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 months ago
We’ve only lost once in the last 28 games! That’s staggering. That was a freak result against Sheffield United too.

Are we a player or two from challenging properly?
For me, we still need a CB, DM, Right Winger and Striker - assuming Cavani is off in the summer. And there's a lot to shift out. Dalot, Jones, Rojo, Bailly, Matic, Mata, James. Gea too, presumably.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26586
Joined: 8 years ago

2 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
2 months ago
We’ve only lost once in the last 28 games! That’s staggering. That was a freak result against Sheffield United too.

Are we a player or two from challenging properly?
Ditching Lindelhoof for even just a decent CB would have a big impact cos you wouldn't concede the stupid goals he's responsible for either directly or indirectly. That alone would win us more points.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 5150
Joined: 7 years ago

2 months ago

CB and RB are they priorities. Fix those first and we’ll be in with a shout next season.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Post Reply