vs Villa

Forum for match day threads
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

I don’t really rate any of our defenders. The recent hype over Shaw just shows how low expectations have gotten at this club. Perhaps a better coach would change my perception. Chelsea were a shambles until Tuchel took over.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Tuchel has shown what a fucking awful job / manager Frank Lampard is. Top 4 and a CL final. I don't think they've been beaten yet, have they?
fat maradona
Legend

1 month ago

sheesh wrote:
1 month ago
I still don't think much of our squad, but you can't argue with our results this season. We've had fewer defeats than City.

You have to give Ole credit for us to get where we are, and for taking us to a Europa league final. OK, we need to get to the next level, but the PE teacher has done a pretty good job (in my eyes).

Things will be harder next season, though. In addition to City, you'd think that Chelsea will challenge for the title. Liverpool surely won't be as bad next season as they have been this season. I know we say this every year, but we really have to invest.
you know what mate, I was going to eat humble pie and say the same thing.....that the PE teacher has ended up doing a good job in the end. I still stand by my belief that he isn't 'tactically sophisticated' enough to take us to being champions and the like but he's done a fair job in improving morale and we are playing some decent attacking footie most of the time. Whether that's down to him or whether Bruno has brought that about, who knows. Regardless, the club need to show more ambition and bring in the very best manager and scouting team.

Lindelof proved yesterday that he shouldn't be in the first team squad, how is he keeping the likes of Tuanzebe on the bench ffs.
sheesh
Legend

1 month ago

Yeah, totally.

I don't think any manager could have done much better with that squad of players.

There's only ever going to be a ceiling under these owners.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

fat maradona wrote:
1 month ago
sheesh wrote:
1 month ago
I still don't think much of our squad, but you can't argue with our results this season. We've had fewer defeats than City.

You have to give Ole credit for us to get where we are, and for taking us to a Europa league final. OK, we need to get to the next level, but the PE teacher has done a pretty good job (in my eyes).

Things will be harder next season, though. In addition to City, you'd think that Chelsea will challenge for the title. Liverpool surely won't be as bad next season as they have been this season. I know we say this every year, but we really have to invest.
you know what mate, I was going to eat humble pie and say the same thing.....that the PE teacher has ended up doing a good job in the end. I still stand by my belief that he isn't 'tactically sophisticated' enough to take us to being champions and the like but he's done a fair job in improving morale and we are playing some decent attacking footie most of the time. Whether that's down to him or whether Bruno has brought that about, who knows. Regardless, the club need to show more ambition and bring in the very best manager and scouting team.

Lindelof proved yesterday that he shouldn't be in the first team squad, how is he keeping the likes of Tuanzebe on the bench ffs.
Jose was available but we missed out.
Sid
Legend

4 weeks ago

sheesh wrote:
1 month ago
Yeah, totally.

I don't think any manager could have done much better with that squad of players.

There's only ever going to be a ceiling under these owners.
I agree. The PE teacher has done a good job. A comfortable top 4 finish, a Europa league final, plus, at times, brilliant football and brilliant goals. That equals a good season. The best since Fergie.

We should by rights finish second but the fixture congestion due to the protests might kill any hope of that.

Also I have a feeling we've hit the ceiling under Ole / Glazers this season. It depends what happens in summer but I don't see us doing as well next season.