Forum for match day threads
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
1 month ago
The hooligan angle is already building

https://news.sky.com/story/manchester-u ... d-12293224
Yeah definitely, they've associated the coppers slahed face (is it as bad as it seems? police are always melodramatic) with the demonstrators outside when it hasn't been established it was a fan that did it yet. It's trying to tar them all with the same brush.

Souness was bleeting about how they could have been killed by the beer can that was lobbed at Carragher. Keane told him to shut the fuck up. He said we regularly got bottled at Elland Road etc.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Anyone else get the feeling Sky want rid of the the Glazers and FSG as well? United and Liverpool are the league's biggest attractions and they're in a kind of managed decline under those two. Certainly prevented from reaching their maximum. I know the scouse have been successful recently but that's largely down to Klopp. And I think Nev's right when he speculates that FSG have serious money problems that are going to affect Liverpool.

Cos why else would Sky lend Neville and Carragher their massive platform to rip into these owners and mobilise fans?
Hard to say, Sid. I don't think they are lending their platform to Nev and Carragher as much as Nev and Carragher are taking their opportunity. I suppose Sky could simply avoid asking their prime pundits' opinions but that would look even more suspicious.

Either way, it's now been shown that they can stop a game. They didn't need to break into Old Trafford to do it either. I hope they do a few more games and keep it peaceful, especially because the money will want to paint them as criminals and that needs to be avoided to keep the moral highground.
Criminality won't put me off but I am an anarchist tbf. I hate it when there's a protest about the future of the planet and the bastards that are destroying it, and a window gets smashed, and liberals become hysterical and write off the entire movement. They care more about a window than the planet. Same with United, don't care more about a smashed window or a stolen corner flag than what the Glazers are doing to our great club.

But yeah, great point about fans having the power to stop a game. What a fucking incredible achievement. I'm literally buzzing. This is true people power that gets results. Also great point in the other post you made about fans not being at games. Enjoying everyone's contributions tbf.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
1 month ago
The hooligan angle is already building

https://news.sky.com/story/manchester-u ... d-12293224
Yeah definitely, they've associated the coppers slahed face (is it as bad as it seems? police are always melodramatic) with the demonstrators outside when it hasn't been established it was a fan that did it yet. It's trying to tar them all with the same brush.

Souness was bleeting about how they could have been killed by the beer can that was lobbed at Carragher. Keane told him to shut the fuck up. He said we regularly got bottled at Elland Road etc.
:)) Keano has been strongly on the side of the protestors in his comments. Souness showing his true colours.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

There is a risk. When a mob forms, it can easily get violent. Just one stupid move or an aggressive police man and its done.
But let the protests go on tbf. The owners should be under pressure to sell.

I hope they stop the next game as well.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

1 month ago

Sometimes, a few lines have to be crossed. Since when did change - especially change to wrestle power away from the 1%, ever come about as a result of reasoned argument and asking nicely?
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
There is a risk. When a mob forms, it can easily get violent. Just one stupid move or an aggressive police man and its done.
But let the protests go on tbf. The owners should be under pressure to sell.

I hope they stop the next game as well.
Police have been leathering people at today's protests, haven't you seen? They eventually turned up to Old Trafford and beat up fans.

It's what they do. There's gonna be trouble. It's sad but inevitable. Laws will be broken cos it's the law that protects the Glazers. That's why police beat protesters away from OT, cos the law says it belongs to the Glazers, so we're trespassing.

But any act of vandalism from fans is nothing compared to the theft, ignorance and violence carried out by the Glazers over 16 years. Treating fans with absolute contempt and trying to destroy our game.
urboystook1hellofabeating
First Teamer

1 month ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
1 month ago
Sometimes, a few lines have to be crossed. Since when did change - especially change to wrestle power away from the 1%, ever come about as a result of reasoned argument and asking nicely?
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

The fans representatives need to try and keep the police on side. Many of them will sympathise with what the fans are doing so it important to gain their trust and support as far as they can.
Try and keep to peaceful protest and maintain the moral high ground.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
The fans representatives need to try and keep the police on side. Many of them will sympathise with what the fans are doing so it important to gain their trust and support as far as they can.
Try and keep to peaceful protest and maintain the moral high ground.
The police will never be on our side. Personally yes, but professionally no. They're there to defend the Glazers property and hit us when we threaten it. That's their job.

Anyone who says this is my club, not the Glazers, is putting themselves in conflict with police - cos the police recognise the Glazers as legal owners, not us.

So the protests won't remain peaceful cos breaking the law is necessary in order to disrupt the Glazer ownership, cos the law ultimately protects the Glazers
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

1 month ago

https://fanbanter.co.uk/police-officer- ... ng-arrest/

Police laying into a United fan during arrest. Allegations of a copper hitting a child with the baton too. But the main image we're seeing is one copper with a cut on his face - which, whilst not right, we don't know how that happened.