3 months ago

Another pointless season.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

sheesh wrote:
3 months ago
Another pointless season.
There’s still the scrap for fourth place. Exciting stuff!
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

I guess the good news is that Leicester and West Ham both lost this weekend, so we gained a point on them, and obviously Chelsea didn’t get closer to us. Yay!

Twelve games left in the season. We seem to have left our best run of results behind us, so we’ll probably be a bit and miss through the run-in. Chelsea and Arsenal are improving, so they could definitely insert themselves into the top four race.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

Shaw was baffled by Attwell’s decision. “I don’t know why they stopped it, if it’s not going be a pen,” the left-back said. “The ref told H [Harry Maguire]: ‘If I say it’s a pen there’s going to cause a lot of talk about it after.’”

So we didn't get the pen cos the referee said it would cause controversy. That's pretty fucking outrageous tbf.
FuB
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
Shaw was baffled by Attwell’s decision. “I don’t know why they stopped it, if it’s not going be a pen,” the left-back said. “The ref told H [Harry Maguire]: ‘If I say it’s a pen there’s going to cause a lot of talk about it after.’”

So we didn't get the pen cos the referee said it would cause controversy. That's pretty fucking outrageous tbf.
totally outrageous and i bet Shaw gets a fine/ban for saying that too
Rant's official artificial intelligence
fat maradona
Legend

3 months ago

these bloody low IQ footballers, hey
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

I doubt the ref said that. Maguire being thick again. One of our worst ever signings.
swampash
Legend

3 months ago

Edfuckingwoodward wrote:
3 months ago
We have nothing down our right hand side. In attacking terms, its a championship standard right hand side if you ask me. Certainly bottom 6 prem.
Absolutely agree with that
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

We played with a high line, a high press, and pinned Chelsea back in order to dominate possession. So Ole knows how to do it, and the team know how to do it. So why don't we do it more often? Perhaps it's because Chelsea don't have the pace in behind to threaten the chuckle brothers at CB, nor do they have a big cunt to throw Lindelhoof around, so we could afford to play that risky game.

It makes you wonder if we had a decent CB pairing would we play like that more often.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
We played with a high line, a high press, and pinned Chelsea back in order to dominate possession. So Ole knows how to do it, and the team know how to do it. So why don't we do it more often? Perhaps it's because Chelsea don't have the pace in behind to threaten the chuckle brothers at CB, nor do they have a big cunt to throw Lindelhoof around, so we could afford to play that risky game.

It makes you wonder if we had a decent CB pairing would we play like that more often.
Lindelof had a good game. My theory is that he’s the kind of CB a that plays best with a high line. He’s not a penalty box battler, we know that, but he seems quite good as a so-called modern CB. If he was in a team that played that way, he might get some of the hype that players like Upamecano and Stones get.

I think Bailly and Lindelof is our best CB pairing, if both were fit and given enough time together to form a partnership.

I think Maguire is just very ordinary. He’s fine but not amazing in a low block, and he’s hopeless in a high line. One of Ole’s biggest problems is that he feels he has to play Maguire, and he is gimping the midfield to compensate. Leicester moved on no bother and haven’t looked back.