vs City (league cup)

Forum for match day threads
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26582
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

Tbf City dropped off after 3-0 cos it was so easy

If we could just nick one
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26582
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

Static makes a good interception, then gives it away, then lets Foden run past him

Sell the cunt
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26582
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

City let us off the hook
User avatar
bman2
Legend
Posts: 8748
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

City have lost some of their killer instinct this season. I think Pep will leave. He's a 3-4 season man.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 6824
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

1 year ago

come on Ole... give us a smile
Rant's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend
Posts: 5241
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

unlucky first half but showed what were about second half, brave and bubbly, lively, waving at taggart, theyllbe ups and downs along the way but give it a few years and we'll be back up where we belong, in 4th
lkhm

hoofing
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Static makes a good interception, then gives it away, then lets Foden run past him

Sell the cunt
He's actually been better since he came back than before he was out,

Having a cdm who could pass himself with better players round him isn't the worst thing, he should be 4th choice but he hasn't been too bad, moving Perriera to 10 for Lingard and Matic on as a cdm actually made us more attacking.

I know Lingard has had a load of shit go on in his personal life but he's never filled any of his initial potential, a pundit said the other week about him being one of the young players that will come with experience,

He's fucking 27!!!!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 6824
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

1 year ago

redzebs wrote:
1 year ago
Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Static makes a good interception, then gives it away, then lets Foden run past him

Sell the cunt
He's actually been better since he came back than before he was out,

Having a cdm who could pass himself with better players round him isn't the worst thing, he should be 4th choice but he hasn't been too bad, moving Perriera to 10 for Lingard and Matic on as a cdm actually made us more attacking.

I know Lingard has had a load of shit go on in his personal life but he's never filled any of his initial potential, a pundit said the other week about him being one of the young players that will come with experience,

He's fucking 27!!!!
this whole Lingard being called young and not being so will never stop. he'll be pleased because he'll probably still be able to get a game when he's 60.

Can't agree on Pereira... the cunt continually lost the ball (as always). I agree he makes us "more attacking" but that's only because he doesn't fucking run away from the ball like Lingard.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 26582
Joined: 8 years ago

1 year ago

bman2 wrote:
1 year ago
City have lost some of their killer instinct this season. I think Pep will leave. He's a 3-4 season man.
I think he has one more season left, then he'll leave (without the CL, probably.) They have too many complacent players. The City of last season would have slaughtered us 6 or 7 nil. But they took their foot off the pedal as if they're in a title fight and want to conserve energy. Pep was furious on the touchline but couldn't change the mentality. Then we got a lifeline.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 5149
Joined: 7 years ago

1 year ago

I thought there were a lot of positives to take away from the game.
Jones didn’t give away a penalty...Pereira found the back of the net...Gomez showed he is another Lingard, only smaller...DDG didn’t have his butter fingers on...
What's not to like?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Post Reply