Sid
Legend

2 months ago

First game is this Sunday, against Derby

Football never stops these days
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Anybody watched Derby? I saw most of it. Pellistri looked good and Greenwood had a go from the half way line. That was about it
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

2 months ago

Watched the 2nd half. Pellestri looked lively and Lingard was bright. Not much else to report.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

1 month ago

Perreira's goal last night was special. Unbelievable hit
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

1 month ago

This Everton game today will be interesting. I worry that the start of this season will be like last, with the team way off fitness and us dropping silly points in the first 3 or 4 games whilst we get up to speed.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

1 month ago

Fucking hell, we've been brilliant so far. 3-0 up after 30 mins. We look properly sharp too, which is a surprise. Let's see whether we fade. Matic having a good game and so is Donny - who's noticeably playing as a proper 8, linking play between the lines, taking up good positions and comfortable when pressed. If we can get a proper DM in, with Donny and Bruno we have a quality midfield.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the 11 that started against Leeds. It's a bit worrying that this is the first (and last) preseason game for a lot of first teamers. We saw what a lack of preseason did to the beginning of our last campaign. Leeds are the worst team you could play n all; super fit and bang up for it.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the 11 that started against Leeds. It's a bit worrying that this is the first (and last) preseason game for a lot of first teamers. We saw what a lack of preseason did to the beginning of our last campaign. Leeds are the worst team you could play n all; super fit and bang up for it.
Thats my fear too Sid. Although, for most of those playing their first preseason game, they were involved in the Euros or Copa America, so they've only had 3 or 4 weeks off. Last season, thet were starting from the basis of a much longer covid break. Fatigue later in the season may be a bigger issue. Certainly the likes of Bruno, Lindelof, maguire, Shaw, all look fresh and sharp so far. Everton have been shite mind.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
Thats my fear too Sid. Although, for most of those playing their first preseason game, they were involved in the Euros or Copa America, so they've only had 3 or 4 weeks off. Last season, thet were starting from the basis of a much longer covid break. Fatigue later in the season may be a bigger issue. Certainly the likes of Bruno, Lindelof, maguire, Shaw, all look fresh and sharp so far. Everton have been shite mind.
Good points tbf. I forgot they started last season after a long covid break. And yeah, the reason we look sharp might be because many of these players have been playing so recently. I hope not, otherwise we risk doing a Spurs, who started like the best team in the league then bottomed out.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Clever little flick / lob from Dalot