Euros 2021

Non-United football chat
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
I wouldn’t be too surprised if it’s Italy who ends up winning it.
Me too.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
All joshing apart, that game last night showed what can be done when you have an intelligent manager, the right tactics and a motivated squad. Imagine what we could achieve if we had a decent manager.
You're right, great tactics can get a lot out of an average squad.

But Scottish fans need to wind their necks in a bit. What they achieved last night was 1 point, bottom of the group, and facing going out. They haven't scored a goal yet. That's where they're shite.
Of course we’re shite. Not a chance in hell. But that’s not really the point, Sid.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Good morning all!
What a great game...
Really? I was hoping Scotland win but the game wasn't particularly interesting. Not much chances created, nothing much throughout the game.
:wall:
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

7 goals and none conceded for Italy, that’s a good platform from the group stages.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
All joshing apart, that game last night showed what can be done when you have an intelligent manager, the right tactics and a motivated squad. Imagine what we could achieve if we had a decent manager.
You're right, great tactics can get a lot out of an average squad.

But Scottish fans need to wind their necks in a bit. What they achieved last night was 1 point, bottom of the group, and facing going out. They haven't scored a goal yet. That's where they're shite.
Of course we’re shite. Not a chance in hell. But that’s not really the point, Sid.
What is the point then, taking 2 points off England who qualified anyway? You're always going to be shite with that mentality. And before you say Scotland is a tiny country so that's all you can expect - Wales don't think like that, and they're even smaller than Scotland. They don't care about England, they're fully focussed on their own success, and they've qualified for the knocks outs two euros in a row. Semi's last time, beaten by the winners.

Scotland are hampered by their anti english bitterness IMO
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

That’s just plain silly Sid. We don’t hate the English - we just love taking the piss out of them. If they didn’t exist we’d have to invent them, and if they didn’t take themselves so seriously, they’d realise it.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

And please...no comparisons with the Welsh!! Or you’ll really get me started..,
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

swampash wrote:
1 month ago
That’s just plain silly Sid. We don’t hate the English - we just love taking the piss out of them. If they didn’t exist we’d have to invent them, and if they didn’t take themselves so seriously, they’d realise it.
No I think what's silly to most people is celebrating taking an inconsequential 2 points off England as you go out of the comp. Should be focussing on your own success like Wales, who're embarrassing Scotland and their smalltime mentality.

It's like when Keane criticised Ireland, said they're only there for a piss up. Time for a cultural shift. You've got a CL and league winner who'll be embarrassed by Scotland's approach, by the fans and the manager.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Wales find out who they play in the next round today. Whoever finishes runner up of group B. Probably Russia or Finland. You'd fancy them to beat both.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
swampash wrote:
1 month ago
No I think what's silly to most people is celebrating taking an inconsequential 2 points off England as you go out of the comp. Should be focussing on your own success like Wales, who're embarrassing Scotland and their smalltime mentality.

It's like when Keane criticised Ireland, said they're only there for a piss up. Time for a cultural shift. You've got a CL and league winner who'll be embarrassed by Scotland's approach, by the fans and the manager.
I rest my case Sid - you still don't get it do you?