Euros 2021

Non-United football chat
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

France are so versatile, it's as if they play every week. They can sit deep and defend. They can dominate possession and attack. They know when to hold. It's nice to watch as a United fan, cos we're so basic in comparison.
jason_uk
Star Man

1 month ago

Wtf, looks like rudigar went all suarez there and took a nibble at pogba!
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Many would say that Kante is the better player than Pogba. He certainly helps Pogba play with more freedom. Such a great side though. I think their fluidity comes from having played together regularly since they were kids, and the French academy system tries to teach a certain “philosophy”.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Pavard should be off. That's an awful head injury. One of the worst. He gets smashed in the head so hard he's unconscious before he hits the ground, meaning he can't stop his head from hitting the turf as well. Fine the French team for not subbing him.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

I don’t know what the bookies’ consensus was before the tournament, but after the first round of matches I feel like the teams have performed more or less as we’d have expected them to.
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

France are looking ominously good. Germany hardly troubled them, even if they were camped in the French half for most of the second half.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Pogba MotM. Played a great game...for me just adds fuel to the hobbit being a shit coach argument.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Souness doesn’t like him though, so he must be shit.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

Rabiot is handy too. Pretty sure he went to Juve on a free a couple of seasons ago.
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

We’re particularly hopeless when it comes to building a midfield. Matic is the only successful midfield signing for the last few years. Jose wanted a classic DM in that style, and he did that well enough for us for at least a couple of seasons. Pogba? I’m not convinced Jose even wanted him, because there was obviously a problem there right from the start. Fred? Who exactly decided to sign Fres? de Beek — same question. These players aren’t all shit — our club just seems incapable of identifying players that will suit our tactics. Maybe in general, but especially in midfield.