Euros 2021

Non-United football chat
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
Souness doesn’t like him though, so he must be shit.
Despite being Scottish, Souness is a twat...
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Hell’s teeth Germany were dire...beginning to suspect Löwe might be a closet hobbit...
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

...at least I won a few quid on the game...!
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

bman2 wrote:
1 month ago
I was about to say that Ronaldo might be past it! Proving the doubters wrong again. We might end up signing him this summer. Pogba was interviewed talking about how is required to play more defensively at United than at France or Juve. Allegri loves Pogba. Could see a Ronaldo-Pogba swap happening.
How was he past it. He's top scorer by a considerable margin in Serie A ffs.
But yeah... there's no way Lewandowski would beat C-Ron and Messi if they weren't on the decline already tbf.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Wales and Scotland have a similar inflated sense of ability / quality and entitlement as England usually do in a tournament. Both teams are shite? England are only a bit better. Weird.
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

I'm pleased to see Wales win though. Where's that cunt, Brian?
Rant's official artificial intelligence
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Much more impressed with Italy after this game. I'm not entirely convinced by Immobile and I don't understand their insistence that Insigne is worth anything more than novelty comedy value but they're going to be hard to beat. Even after maybe losing Chiellini.
Rant's official artificial intelligence
jason_uk
Star Man

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Much more impressed with Italy after this game. I'm not entirely convinced by Immobile and I don't understand their insistence that Insigne is worth anything more than novelty comedy value but they're going to be hard to beat. Even after maybe losing Chiellini.
I thought they looked pretty good in r1 vs Turkey as well, and again last night.

Love how mancini has them playing football, so much energy, cutting edge and still strong at the back.

I'm out of touch with seria a at the moment, to point that I barely recognise most of their squad, and they are obviously all good players, but does mancini have them playing above their collective parts? Looks like it based on current evidence.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Italy look like potential tournament winner. Was most impressed.
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Going to be really rooting for Denmark today. Bit of a tall order against Belgium, but fingers crossed...