Euros 2021

Non-United football chat
jason_uk
Star Man

1 month ago

dozer wrote:
1 month ago
Sancho doesn't even make the bench. Even Southgate knows he's mediocre.
Should be 10 mill off the asking price then..
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Well, this has turned into an absolute dullfest
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

sheesh wrote:
1 month ago
I must admit that I miss watching the England teams of the mid nineties to early noughties.

I've not really felt the same about England since then.
Think that's true for a lot of people. I loved euro 96, was the perfect age for it. But subsequent disappointments, the FA, right wing England fans - it makes you fall out of love with em.

But this crop of players are good and likeable. And we've come so far in the last 15 years. We're finally modernising compared to the shite we used to play. Klopp and Pep have transformed our football culture. Not just players like Foden, but managers and coaches too.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

This is shit now. Time for Southgate to make changes. Croatia are there for the taking.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Solid 1-0 win. Croatia were shite though.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Knew it. UEFA forced them to play.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ital-visit

Denmark’s players expressed dissatisfaction on Monday at the position they were put in after Eriksen’s collapse. Uefa offered the players, who gathered in the locker room after witnessing Eriksen being treated on the pitch following a cardiac arrest, the choice of resuming the match on Saturday night or beginning again on Sunday at noon local time (10am GMT).

“We were put in a position I don’t think we should have been put in,” Schmeichel said. “It probably required that someone above us had said that it was not the time to make a decision and maybe should wait for the next day.”

European football’s governing body wrote on Twitter on Saturday that the match would be restarted “following the request made by players of both teams”.

Denmark’s Martin Braithwaite said on Monday: “We had two options. None of the options were good. We took the least bad one. There were a lot of players that weren’t able to play the match. They were elsewhere [mentally]. You could have wished for a third option in this situation.”
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Spain have ditched tiki taka football. nice to see. Always hated that style of football.
Spain team has regressed though.
dozer
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago

Denmark’s players expressed dissatisfaction on Monday at the position they were put in after Eriksen’s collapse. Uefa offered the players, who gathered in the locker room after witnessing Eriksen being treated on the pitch following a cardiac arrest, the choice of resuming the match on Saturday night or beginning again on Sunday at noon local time (10am GMT).

“We were put in a position I don’t think we should have been put in,” Schmeichel said. “It probably required that someone above us had said that it was not the time to make a decision and maybe should wait for the next day.”

European football’s governing body wrote on Twitter on Saturday that the match would be restarted “following the request made by players of both teams”.

Denmark’s Martin Braithwaite said on Monday: “We had two options. None of the options were good. We took the least bad one. There were a lot of players that weren’t able to play the match. They were elsewhere [mentally]. You could have wished for a third option in this situation.”
Yeah...
I hope they super league happens. I want to see the UEFA cunts cry
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Was the Spain Sweden game a demonstration of how dismal Spain have become...or Sweden’s tactical mastery?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
swampash
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago

Makes what was already a shocking situation even worse. The spin UEFA put on this is utterly sickening.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...