Euros 2021

Non-United football chat
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Yeah, and we're going into the tournament with right wing England fans booing and attacking our own players for taking the knee in a stance against racism

These are the right wing dickhead England fans I was on about before - the ones that sing Thatcher chants that apparently don't exist
jason_uk
Star Man

1 month ago

Not an england fan, but just noticed that they are the pre tournament favourites. Does this mean that anything other than making the final would be a failure on Southgates part?

I have a feeling he's been living off the back of a "good" run at the last world cup! Or do any of you actually rate him?

The fact that its pretty much a home tournament for them as well, they really should be making a strong claim for the trophy.
fat maradona
Legend

1 month ago

Let's hope he wins the Euro's otherwise England will sack him and United will replace Ole with him....
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

jason_uk wrote:
1 month ago
Not an england fan, but just noticed that they are the pre tournament favourites. Does this mean that anything other than making the final would be a failure on Southgates part?

I have a feeling he's been living off the back of a "good" run at the last world cup! Or do any of you actually rate him?

The fact that its pretty much a home tournament for them as well, they really should be making a strong claim for the trophy.
Southgate and England benefited from a favourable draw at the world cup, and we basically got through on set pieces. But that won't wash this time because we have a good squad, and there are question marks over other nations like Germany. So it's a great chance for England to make a final.

I just think what football do England play? It's reactive. Against top teams, it's back to the old concede possession and hit em on the counter shite.

Also wonder how much fans attacking the players for apparently pushing a marxist agenda by taking the knee (lol) will have on them. Before kick off on sunday, thousands of fans are going to boo and shout racist shit at Rashford, Sterling etc. Southgate wrote a deeply personal 2000 word essay to try and convince fans to support the players - and probably convince the players to still try their best and bring these people joy even though they're sending you death threats. So it's obviously having an impact.
jason_uk
Star Man

1 month ago

Just found out I got England in the work sweepstakes, so guess I'm cheering them on!

Could have done a lot worse, feel for the guy who got north Macedonia
bman2
Legend

1 month ago

I’ve no dog in the fight. I’ll just hope to see some entertaining football and root for the underdogs and for the teams that are entertaining to watch. England will need to do more than score from set pieces to get my respect.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

That little fucking car / sponsor that drove the ball go the centre circle :))

Football's gone, it's finished
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago

Thankfully tuned in just for.kick off... and Still missed it.

This one's already shaping up to be dull as fuck
Rant's official artificial intelligence
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago

It drove the ball to the centre circle, utterly ridiculous

FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Sid wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Sid wrote:
1 month ago

It drove the ball to the centre circle, utterly ridiculous

Dear oh dear

Looks like I missed the best part of the match though
Rant's official artificial intelligence