Racism in football

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Now we know what Knob does for a living, he's the editor of corrieo dello sport
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I honestly can’t decide whether I think that’s a deliberate attempt to be obnoxious, or just mind boggling levels of ignorance about how it would be received.
FuB
Site Admin

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote: 4 years ago I honestly can’t decide whether I think that’s a deliberate attempt to be obnoxious, or just mind boggling levels of ignorance about how it would be received.
the latter

you're measuring this with a yardstick based on a culture that's a good 50 years ahead (and by no means perfect) in terms of multiculturalism and acceptance. don't forget that this is a country where teams can still get away with their supporters making monkey chants at opposing team's players. i'm more-or-less certain that the editorial of that rag were thinking it's a funny, almost well-meaning joke. this place is properly fucked up.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

It’s ballsy of Smalling and Fellaini to go knowingly into that league, nice that they seem to be kicking ass on the pitch.
Lazarus
Legend

"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Lazarus
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago It’s ballsy of Smalling and Fellaini to go knowingly into that league, nice that they seem to be kicking ass on the pitch.
It would be childish to point out the obvious mistake wouldn't it? But then your a petty dickhead who stomps on his own dick time after time. :))

Fellaini is in China... :-BD
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
bman2
Legend

So are incidents of racism getting more common in English football, or is it just getting noticed and covered by the press more?
fat maradona
Legend

Becoming more common, just like it is in other aspects of daily life. Foreigners getting abused on the bus, tube, outside shops. Back in the day, a member of joe public would have stepped up and intervened but no so much nowadays for fear of being stabbed or worse. B
FuB
Site Admin

Racism has always been there - maybe lurking under the covers for a few years - but the current political climate and issues such as Brexit have made it seem more "acceptable" to those who wish to display it
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50820915

Fuck me. What were they thinking?!