Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
dozer
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... ter-regret

I'm glad he's no longer our problem to deal with.
I kept saying here that he's the kind of player who can't step up at a big club. Smaller clubs like Everton, Inter etc seems to suit him more.
It's odd, in theory he should get more chances and score more at big clubs but that's not the case. It's not him alone. There are other players who can't step up when playing in stronger teams. Cesc Fabregas is someone else that comes to mind.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Watching Hull v Everton and it's noticable how hard Hull are working. I've never really noticed a team working hard cos it's a prerequisite. But lethargic shite performances at United have been normalised, so it really stands out.

Also interesting to see Rafa trying to keep up with the times and play a pressing game. It's falling flat on his arse like it does at United. Everton are similar to us in that they've spent obscene amounts of money but are fundamentally shite.
swampash
Legend

It requires a high level of athleticism, which I think tends to favour younger players Sid.
sheesh
Legend

Anyone else watching Celtic v Rangers?

Diallo hasn't been able to impose himself on this game. Rangers are getting absolutely battered.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago Anyone else watching Celtic v Rangers?

Diallo hasn't been able to impose himself on this game. Rangers are getting absolutely battered.
I'm watching, and thoroughly enjoying it tbh. Rangers haven't even been shit, Celtic are just all over them. It's making me nostalgic for when United used to do this to fellow title contenders.
sheesh
Legend

Yeah, it's the relentless pressing which makes these types of games worth watching.

I didn't realise Joe Hart was at Celtic.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

It is, aye. It's made the game frenetic and dramatic. Celtic play more modern football than us tbf. First half they were so aggressive and combative - Rangers had no chance.

Amad has been shite tbf, a bit overwhelmed and outmuscled. Whinged a lot too.
Jason
Star Man

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago Yeah, it's the relentless pressing which makes these types of games worth watching.

I didn't realise Joe Hart was at Celtic.
I put it on as well last night, just to see how Amad got on, and thought the same thing, I'd completely forgot about Joe Hart :)

Only had half an eye on the game, and Amad didn't seem to get much going, I doubt he has experienced an atmosphere like he did last night. Hopefully he can grow from it.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Amad has been shite tbf, a bit overwhelmed and outmuscled. Whinged a lot too.
Sounds perfect for us.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

anyone watching Forrest v Leicester?

Id have Garner in midfield over Fred or McTominay