Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Chelsea had no European Cups / CLs in 50 or so years until Abramovic took over, now they have 2 in 10 years. That's what money does.
Money by itself is not enough. United and PSG prove that. United and PSG have spent a lot more than Chelsea over the past few years.
bman2
Legend

Imagine how fucking embarrassing it’s going to be now when United announce a new contract for Ole =))
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Chelsea had no European Cups / CLs in 50 or so years until Abramovic took over, now they have 2 in 10 years. That's what money does.
So even though city lost tonight, its inevitable that its going to happen sooner rather than later.

Sad that the season has come to taking some enjoyment from city losing a cl final to Chelsea.
sheesh
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago Imagine how fucking embarrassing it’s going to be now when United announce a new contract for Ole =))
Yeah, I think even the club suits will be mindful of fan reaction with us losing to Villareal and Chelsea winning the CL. Could be a little while before we hear anything.

They might wait until we've signed our 5th choice centre back or something. Just to maintain the positivity.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I think we're bang in trouble for next season. City will add a couple and be out at the front anyway. Liverpool will be better without the injuries they've had, Chelsea have a brilliant squad and a quality manager now.

We need 3-4 top, top players just to keep up. Amd there's a veneer of improvement that isn't really tangible , but it'll keep Ole in his job. I could actually see us dropping to 6th or 7th next season.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I can't see many clubs improving their squads until they've got the covid financial losses under control. It'll just be the doped clubs like City and Chelsea. Any un-doped club that does spend needs to do so very carefully cos they could be causing a shitstorm later down the line. If we were still in the Jose, Ed and Raiola era of blowing massive money on shite, the club would be ruined.

Real and Barca look to be out of the game for a long time, unless they can figure something out. 2.3bn debt respectively means they're fucked.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Also for all the criticism Ole has had in these last couple of days, his record against Pep is class, and I would fancy us against City in last night's final

I'd worry more if we were playing Burnley.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago I can't see many clubs improving their squads until they've got the covid financial losses under control. It'll just be the doped clubs like City and Chelsea. Any un-doped club that does spend needs to do so very carefully cos they could be causing a shitstorm later down the line. If we were still in the Jose, Ed and Raiola era of blowing massive money on shite, the club would be ruined.

Real and Barca look to be out of the game for a long time, unless they can figure something out. 2.3bn debt respectively means they're fucked.
Barca have the power of attraction as long as they have Messi. Players would want to play alongside him.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Also for all the criticism Ole has had in these last couple of days, his record against Pep is class, and I would fancy us against City in last night's final

I'd worry more if we were playing Burnley.
Yeah but that’s just United still coasting on Jose’s tactics. We play well when we fall back on the tactics Jose drilled into them: sit deep, play on the counter. And most players know that system anyway. Ole gives the forwards more freedom than Jose did, and that works pretty well. But our defending is much worse, so he didn’t really improve Jose’s tactics, just decided to score more and concede more. But Ole has totally failed to develop a different style of play. Two and a half seasons remember. No silverware. Can’t get out of the CL group stage.

Our results are decent given our caretaker manager is still in charge. But it’s a bit strange that the caretaker manager has been in charge for so long, while in the meantime several other PL teams have won the CL, won the PL, won FA Cup, league cup etc.

The Glazers only care about getting that top 4 money. And Ole has embraced their philosophy. He said so himself. Joel Glazer loves the club he says, and silverware is just for managers with egos.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago I can't see many clubs improving their squads until they've got the covid financial losses under control. It'll just be the doped clubs like City and Chelsea. Any un-doped club that does spend needs to do so very carefully cos they could be causing a shitstorm later down the line. If we were still in the Jose, Ed and Raiola era of blowing massive money on shite, the club would be ruined.

Barca have the power of attraction as long as they have Messi. Players would want to play alongside him.
He's 34 this month, so they won't have him for long. It would be a good idea to ditch him now tbf because his wages are literally killing the club.