Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Fair play to Messi for taking a massive pay cut (some reckon it's more than 50%). He genuinely loves Barca. But also I reckon he doesn't want to go elsewhere cos he won't be the same Messi. Take him out of Barca and la Liga and he's not the same player. Still one of the all time greats, but not the best.
It’s not through the kindness of his heart:

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

brianofnazarethffs wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago Fair play to Messi for taking a massive pay cut (some reckon it's more than 50%). He genuinely loves Barca. But also I reckon he doesn't want to go elsewhere cos he won't be the same Messi. Take him out of Barca and la Liga and he's not the same player. Still one of the all time greats, but not the best.
It’s not through the kindness of his heart:

Yeah I posted a about Barca's financial implosion before that post. The Athletic video is actually a really good watch if you're interested. But yeah, it's fucked.

It's surprising the lack of attention Madrid's finances are getting. They're similarly fucked albeit not as far down the road as Barca. But apparently they're also only looking to sign players on free transfers.
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 2 years ago I don't expect anything to come of it. Football authorities aren't about punishing rich states / dictatorships. We all know where there external money comes from. So there's an asterisk next to all of City's success during this period for me, and many others tbf, including some City fans.
*this period, and probably for next 100 years at least.
Its all chump change to them, and I don't see a reason for them to leave, unless forced out.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Don't know where to put this so I'll stick it in here

Football in England to introduce new rules on heading this summer https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... his-summer

I reckon they're gonna phase out heading entirely in the next 5 years. One wonders what Allardyce, Pulis and Jose will do by then.
The guidance will likely require clubs to change training routines, including for the practice of some set plays.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other

A full ban is coming soon. It's gonna radically change the game. It will kill off the last of the hoofers.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

How in the hell do you ban heading in games?
FuB
Site Admin

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago How in the hell do you ban heading in games?
and, beyond that, how shit will football be if players can't head the ball?
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
fat maradona
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago How in the hell do you ban heading in games?
what next, boxers not allowed to take head shots during sparring rounds?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago
FuB wrote: 2 years ago
what next, boxers not allowed to take head shots during sparring rounds?
Yeah. There's already a culture of avoiding head shots in sparring. Carl Frampton did it. I think he even halved his entire sparring sessions and stopped sparring fighters outside of his weight class. He looked at the science / evidence that's available now and decided it's not worth it. And he's right of course. No sport is worth getting dementia, especially in your 40s and 50s. What's the fucking point in winning the WBC belt or prem title if you can't even remember doing it.
fat maradona
Legend

Grealish having his Citeh medical at the weekend, looks like they've got him. But does he improve them £100m worth? I don't think so.....
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago Grealish having his Citeh medical at the weekend, looks like they've got him. But does he improve them £100m worth? I don't think so.....
He'll improve them but not as much as a CF would. If they keep playing their 5 man midfield / attack next season, they'll get found out. There'll be a game where some shite like Burnley park the bus, and they won't be able to break em down.