Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Fair play to Messi for taking a massive pay cut (some reckon it's more than 50%). He genuinely loves Barca. But also I reckon he doesn't want to go elsewhere cos he won't be the same Messi. Take him out of Barca and la Liga and he's not the same player. Still one of the all time greats, but not the best.
FuB
Site Admin

A Premier League footballer has been arrested on suspicion of child sex offences.

The 31-year-old man, who has not been named for legal reasons, was detained on Friday by Greater Manchester Police.
Don't think it's one of our players (none of them are 31 that i can see) so putting this here for now...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-57899127
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

FuB wrote: 2 years ago
A Premier League footballer has been arrested on suspicion of child sex offences.

The 31-year-old man, who has not been named for legal reasons, was detained on Friday by Greater Manchester Police.
Don't think it's one of our players (none of them are 31 that i can see) so putting this here for now...

The story says the player’s club issued a statement, which is odd, isn’t it semi-public then?
FuB
Site Admin

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago

The story says the player’s club issued a statement, which is odd, isn’t it semi-public then?
The rumour mill suggests it's an Everton player. Not sure we should be posting names if the media won't but it's not hard to find the name if you search.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
bman2
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago

The rumour mill suggests it's an Everton player. Not sure we should be posting names if the media won't but it's not hard to find the name if you search.
Yeah I saw who it was. At least it’s not one of ours.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Interesting situation at Liverpool: Salah, Mane, Firminho, Fabinho, van Dijk and Henderson's contracts all expire in 2023, and their shithead neolib yank owners are reluctant to give them new contracts cos they're all either approaching 30 or 30+. So they're going to let some leave. Henderson looks to be the first to go, unless he accepts their unsatisfactory offer. Clubs are playing hardball cos covid losses mean not a lot of clubs are looking to buy, except the likes of PSG.

So massive changes coming at Liverpool in the next year or two. That side is finished. Question now is can Klopp build another great team or will he leave
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Interesting situation at Liverpool: Salah, Mane, Firminho, Fabinho, van Dijk and Henderson's contracts all expire in 2023, and their shithead neolib yank owners are reluctant to give them new contracts cos they're all either approaching 30 or 30+. So they're going to let some leave. Henderson looks to be the first to go, unless he accepts their unsatisfactory offer. Clubs are playing hardball cos covid losses mean not a lot of clubs are looking to buy, except the likes of PSG.

So massive changes coming at Liverpool in the next year or two. That side is finished. Question now is can Klopp build another great team or will he leave
They definitely did well with their signings but maybe got a bit lucky as well. They didn’t have any major injuries until this season, and then they really fell apart. Great players, but a thin squad.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Wow. The Prem have been in a secret legal battle with City for 2 years, demanding all sorts of documents after UEFA found them guilty of breaching FFP rules. The Prem want to know where City's external income comes from.

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I don't expect anything to come of it. Football authorities aren't about punishing rich states / dictatorships. We all know where there external money comes from. So there's an asterisk next to all of City's success during this period for me, and many others tbf, including some City fans.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Wow. The Prem have been in a secret legal battle with City for 2 years, demanding all sorts of documents after UEFA found them guilty of breaching FFP rules. The Prem want to know where City's external income comes from.

Complete fucking mystery innit?