Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 2 years ago The apathy is palpable. Interest in football is declining for a lot of the reasons mentioned here (boring, too expensive, too disconnected from the fan). Paul who does the NQAT / Rantcast pod with Ed has just left after 10 years or so.

The aftermath of ESL was a chance for the gov to bring in some guidance / governance that could have steered it back on track. But there's no real interest from them IMO. Football is a free market and they're just going to let it run wild and free regardless of the consequences - the main consequence being football eating itself as people turn off.

It's not just the Prem, my city team are being held to random by their owner Allam, whose refused to invest in the squad for years after the council prevented him from relocating the club 40 mins drive outside of hull. Even my local village team were liquidated 2 years ago due financial mismanagement. Their owner also wanted to relocate them, and when it was stopped, he ran them into the ground.

The whole of the football pyramid is fucked
Sums it all up. I hadn't realised Paul has left, I'm a few weeks behind on the pod cast.
I could sense listening to him that past few weeks , really since Ronaldo signed, he couldn't be arsed with it anymore, and was only watching pl games purely for discussion on the pod.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago The apathy is palpable. Interest in football is declining for a lot of the reasons mentioned here (boring, too expensive, too disconnected from the fan). Paul who does the NQAT / Rantcast pod with Ed has just left after 10 years or so.

The aftermath of ESL was a chance for the gov to bring in some guidance / governance that could have steered it back on track. But there's no real interest from them IMO. Football is a free market and they're just going to let it run wild and free regardless of the consequences - the main consequence being football eating itself as people turn off.

It's not just the Prem, my city team are being held to random by their owner Allam, whose refused to invest in the squad for years after the council prevented him from relocating the club 40 mins drive outside of hull. Even my local village team were liquidated 2 years ago due financial mismanagement. Their owner also wanted to relocate them, and when it was stopped, he ran them into the ground.

The whole of the football pyramid is fucked
Sums it all up. I hadn't realised Paul has left, I'm a few weeks behind on the pod cast.
I could sense listening to him that past few weeks , really since Ronaldo signed, he couldn't be arsed with it anymore, and was only watching pl games purely for discussion on the pod.
Yeah thinking back to old pods, his heart wasn't in it anymore. Can't blame him. I think you'll see a lot of fans take a backseat with United & football in general over the coming years
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Revealed: Newcastle chairman’s links to Saudi ‘anti-corruption’ drive

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... dApp_Other

From what I gather bin Salman seized control of 20 companies under the guise of "anti corruption" - and Newcastle's new chairman is the bloke he tasked with carrying it out

This bloke, who we're going to see a lot on our tellies, is the one who commandered the private jet that was used in the torture and murder of Khashoggi

The Prem are definitely in over their heads with this crowd. Why not get the Taliban public investment fund to take over United while they're at it.
swampash
Legend

...yes, my wife made the very same comment about the Taliban Sid.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Premier League clubs vote to temporarily block Newcastle sponsorship deals at emergency meeting

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other

I think it's designed to stop internal sponsorship, like Abu Dhabi owned Etihad sponsoring Abu Dhabi owned City for 600m or whatever it was? Cos that's basically how these regimes dope their clubs

Interesting that the Prem were looking at this action anyway, as part of their ongoing legal action against City. 18 clubs want it to become permanent to bring back some competition to the Prem. City and Newcastle don't.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The doping shit needs to stop. But similarly, so the opposite side of the ownership challenge, with owners leeching from the profits generated by the club.
sheesh
Legend

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rona-match

I think i can guess who the top selling shirt seller will be at Lazio.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rona-match

Wow, Romano Mussolini, I wonder if he's distanced himself from his cunt great grandfather. His mam hasn't.

Here's Jim Carrey letting Romano's fascist mam know what he thinks of Mussolini. Check her reply :))

sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
sheesh wrote: 2 years ago https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... rona-match

Wow, Romano Mussolini, I wonder if he's distanced himself from his cunt great grandfather. His mam hasn't.

Here's Jim Carrey letting Romano's fascist mam know what he thinks of Mussolini. Check her reply :))

:))
sheesh
Legend

Another win for Arsenal. Looks like even getting into the top 4 is going to be a challenge for United.