Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

That sounds like the employees benefitting from the "trickle down" of the employer

Not having any of that
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

Looking forward to watching Chelski implode this season...wonder where Jose will be next year...?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:That sounds like the employees benefitting from the "trickle down" of the employer

Not having any of that
LOL... yeah, let's compare the minimum wage rise to still less than fuck all... to Valencia and Wolfsburg sharing nearly a £100mill...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

5 years ago

I'm actually a bit surprised, and faintly disappointed, by the De Bruyne move.
I though he would benefit from staying at Wolfsburg and helping them mount a challenge to Bayern, instead of making yet another move. The kid's got talent, but I wonder if he will have the same chance to shine at City as he could have had at Wolfsburg.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

swampash wrote:I'm actually a bit surprised, and faintly disappointed, by the De Bruyne move.
I though he would benefit from staying at Wolfsburg and helping them mount a challenge to Bayern, instead of making yet another move. The kid's got talent, but I wonder if he will have the same chance to shine at City as he could have had at Wolfsburg.
How good is he swampash at the moment, not in the future? Compare him to Sterling, Silva, Depay, Sanchez, Hazard, Nasri, Mata etc.
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:That sounds like the employees benefitting from the "trickle down" of the employer

Not having any of that
LOL... yeah, let's compare the minimum wage rise to still less than fuck all... to Valencia and Wolfsburg sharing nearly a £100mill...
Trickle down isn't just refering to minimum wage, it's a feature of capitalism. And football being a capitalist venture means its relevant

Europe and more specifically the Prem snatches a lot of the world's best talent for its league/product, which makes the Prem hugely popular and thus (offensively) financially dominant, while other leagues suffer. But you're saying they should be happy with this situation because they benefit via the trickle down of transfer fees these other clubs get. But tbh they're short one off payments, often quite big, but that don't do anything to affect the widening unfair gap between rich and poor. "Everybody benefits" from the Prem's riches - nah, the odd lucky club does, but then don't forget they have to replace their star with that cash which sometimes isn't possible no matter how much they get.

The point I'm making is the system, the underlying set up, is unfair - even if the odd club gets a massive transfer fee.

It'a like these rich cunts who think we should all be grateful to em for existing and trickling down their immense wealth at Tescos every once in a while because it gives the people who serve em jobs. Bag of shite.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Sid wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Not having any of that
Trickle down isn't just refering to minimum wage, it's a feature of capitalism. And football being a capitalist venture means its relevant

Europe and more specifically the Prem snatches a lot of the world's best talent for its league/product, which makes the Prem hugely popular and thus (offensively) financially dominant, while other leagues suffer. But you're saying they should be happy with this situation because they benefit via the trickle down of transfer fees these other clubs get. But tbh they're short one off payments, often quite big, but that don't do anything to affect the widening unfair gap between rich and poor. "Everybody benefits" from the Prem's riches - nah, the odd lucky club does, but then don't forget they have to replace their star with that cash which sometimes isn't possible no matter how much they get.

The point I'm making is the system, the underlying set up, is unfair - even if the odd club gets a massive transfer fee.

It'a like these rich cunts who think we should all be grateful to em for existing and trickling down their immense wealth at Tescos every once in a while because it gives the people who serve em jobs. Bag of shite.
Nah... it's not the same at all... first of all, we're talking about sports, entertainment, not peoples standard of living... the majority of people don't even give a fuck about football... they don't buy tickets, shirts, don't feed SKY, or BT, and don't feed the whole football machine... those that do, have a right to complain, but ultimately they can just turn the whole thing off if they want... as far as the PL money goes, I'm not defending it, but I refuse to blame it for being what it is either... the fact is, right or wrong, it makes the most money, but you read what the Monaco VP had to say... they know United and the PL are minted, and they'll take them to cleaners every chance they get... and then they'll take that money, and improve their own team, academies, etc... in the end, the whole thing will evolve into a European Super League anyway... no matter how strong/rich the PL is, Bayern are minted as well, so is Juve, AC Milan, Inter, PSG, Real, Barca... we're not just going to leave those clubs behind...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

5 years ago

And those clubs like Juve, PSG, Milan, Real etc will Al ways have their better lifestyle /location than the PL...other than those who may fancy London
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

5 years ago

http://www.fcum.tv

Fair fucks to these ones, extended highlights for free, United charge you for mutv and if you want to watch online content you have to pay again!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
dozer
Legend

5 years ago

redzebs wrote:http://www.fcum.tv

Fair fucks to these ones, extended highlights for free, United charge you for mutv and if you want to watch online content you have to pay again!
As if people were going to pay to watch FCUM online content :))