Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
lars072
Star Man

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
lars072 wrote:
bman2 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Davey-boy wrote:Sterling deal agreed...£49m say sky.
Good... that's £50mill that won't get spent on better...
Like De Bruyne or Pogba ... they might still get one of them though.
Pogba will never go to City but maybe De Bruyne.
Don't be so sure... City can pay him whatever he wants and Pogba doesn't give a shit about any loyalty to United... and why should he?
He wants Barca not Manchester. He'll go in January or next summer.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Got to love Carragher's spin on the Sterling situation. He sounds delighted that they have lost the second of their top 3 players

He said it was a "great deal for Liverpool", which in money terms is true. But to Rodgers and any Liverpool fan, he was priceless

But then he said that it 'sends a message to other clubs that they won't let their best players go easily.' Both of them have gone though, within 2 seasons, so they do let them go easily. They got a bit more for Sterling than they should have but in today's market with the new TV deal that's to be expected.

The message it sends is that Liverpool can't keep the top players they now probably can't attract

Some bias is fine, but if he goes too far down the scouse delusion route then you have to axe him as a pundit because he would be unable to do his job properly
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Sid wrote:Got to love Carragher's spin on the Sterling situation. He sounds delighted that they have lost the second of their top 3 players

He said it was a "great deal for Liverpool", which in money terms is true. But to Rodgers and any Liverpool fan, he was priceless

But then he said that it 'sends a message to other clubs that they won't let their best players go easily.' Both of them have gone though, within 2 seasons, so they do let them go easily. They got a bit more for Sterling than they should have but in today's market with the new TV deal that's to be expected.

The message it sends is that Liverpool can't keep the top players they now probably can't attract

Some bias is fine, but if he goes too far down the scouse delusion route then you have to axe him as a pundit because he would be unable to do his job properly
Personally, I think he's spot on... Sterling is over-rated to fuck... you're right that Liverpool are struggling to keep/attract the talent necessary to compete at the top level, and that's a serious issue... but Sterling is a pissy little fuck... no way should a kid his age be throwing tantrums like that to get his way... Liverpool need top players, but they're well shot of a problematic little brat, and well paid for it...

Now, they just need to spend that money well, and they're better off without him...

Sterling will get dogs abuse from the Dippers when City play there... and he'll fuckin deserve every bit of it...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
mr8kc
Youth Teamer

Of all the Liverpool fans I know, none wanted him to stay.
Spudiator
First Teamer

I must admit, I was starting to think city would just give up on Sterling, even if they genuinely believe he's worth almost £50million, they must have a hint of hesitation after seeing his petulant behaviour, not something you ideally want to associate with your club.

As far as the scouse fans go, they'll be rejoicing for now, it does seem like they've got shot of a potentially toxic influence on the dressing room, but the rejoicing won't last. It's been mentioned numerous times that they can't attract the calibre of players they need to push on for a top four place, and Rodgers is nowhere near high profile enough to allure players to the club based on his own reputation alone (something van Gaal was admittedly very handy for when he came to United), so their only choice is to spend the money they get buying chance players, and last season proved that Rodgers is dogshit useless at doing that!

My only fear is if Rodgers makes such a monumental balls-up to the start of the season, and after last season's final day humiliation he's bound to be under pressure, Liverpool somehow manage to persuade Jurgen Klopp to the club, because he could probably actually make them work!
swampash
Legend

Reckon City will come to regret buying him. His ego will be even more inflated now; expect more tantrums, not less.
swampash
Legend

Any news on Balotelli? Have they managed to offload him anywhere yet?
Davey-boy
Star Man

I reckon Klopp will be lpool manager by January.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:Got to love Carragher's spin on the Sterling situation. He sounds delighted that they have lost the second of their top 3 players

Personally, I think he's spot on... Sterling is over-rated to fuck... you're right that Liverpool are struggling to keep/attract the talent necessary to compete at the top level, and that's a serious issue... but Sterling is a pissy little fuck... no way should a kid his age be throwing tantrums like that to get his way... Liverpool need top players, but they're well shot of a problematic little brat, and well paid for it...

Now, they just need to spend that money well, and they're better off without him...

Sterling will get dogs abuse from the Dippers when City play there... and he'll fuckin deserve every bit of it...
His tantrums are pathetic but they're born of Liverpool's shitness, which is self imposed

He wants Champions League football and to play in a team that doesn't sell its best players (as well as more money tbf). Rodgers and the rest of em have failed in these 2 key things, and that results in these millionaire spoilt cunts bitching and whinging. It probably goes on at every team but is not usually as high profile as Sterling

The point I'm making is that they have no one to blame but themselves. And for Carragher to be happy that one of their best players has left, the second in 2 seasons, is daft. He should take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Yeah it's good that they got rid a little wanker, but why was he being a wanker in the first place
bman2
Legend

I think people are buying into the "ungrateful brat" storyline too much. Sterling's "tantrum" was just a performance that he had to do to make the move happen. For all we know, it could even have been the Liverpool management that asked him to make a spectacle of himself so that the supporters would forgive them for letting him go. I'm sure more cynical stunts happen every summer. If he goes out now and plays a big part in City winning the league this season, his decision will be vindicated just like Pogba's move to Juve or Van Persie's move to United.

The reality is that young players like Pogba and Sterling are impatient, and they've got big time, serious outfits like Juventus and City telling them that they don't need to wait, don't need to demonstrate their loyalty to the cult of Liverpool or Manchester United, and don't need to accept being put in their place by Rodgers or Ferguson when they know they're ready now to compete on the main stage.