Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

bman2 wrote:I actually think the low bids for Rooney are a worse sign for Chelsea; I don't they reflect Mourinho's insincerity, I think that he really wanted Rooney but couldn't convince Abramashits and his bean-counting lackies that Rooney was that big a priority. After all they've got Torres and now Lukaku who cost £20M and made quite an impression last season, to say nothing of all the other expensive attackers they've bought recently (Hazard, Schurrle, Mata etc etc). That's always been Chelsea's problem, they spend big money on transfers but it's all so capricious and non-strategic. Abaramovich has spent a fortune on attackers, so now they've literally got more good attacking midfielders than they can use (Hazard, Mata, Schurrle, Oscar, De Bruyne, Moses, and of course Lampard) while the rest of the squad is a bit ordinary and threadbare. Based on rumours and his own comments, I get the impression Mourinho doesn't much care for or rate Mata, Lukaku, or Luiz, and it's notable that none of them played today. Unless Mourinho manages to find a magic formula fast that his predecessors couldn't, Chelsea's going to be a soap opera shit show.
Agree with most of that... the number of quality attacking mids they've got is ridiculous, and no way will he be able to keep them all happy... Moses must be sick to see all the talent ahead of him... I reckon he might want to go out on loan... and it will be a criminal waste to see Mata sit on that bench... there will definitely be unrest.

About Lukaku though... I think Mourinho rates him highly... the new Drogba... but he has to convince the Cossack pirate that his £50mill on Torres is gone and wasted, and time to move on... then Lukaku will get his chance proper.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:Aye, Alf, the Mourinho love in was bad but the Abramovic love in was sick
It really is a disgrace... you either have to be totally ignorant of his story, or so desperate for glory that you just don't care...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Spudiator
Star Man

7 years ago

http://www.football-italia.net/38526/ar ... -pogba-bid

Highly likely to be speculative bullshit, and I'd imagine highly unlikely that Pogba would want to go to Arsenal even if they did bid and it was accepted, but it would be a kick in the teeth if it did happen, wouldn't it!
bman2
Legend

7 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:Aye, Alf, the Mourinho love in was bad but the Abramovic love in was sick
It really is a disgrace... you either have to be totally ignorant of his story, or so desperate for glory that you just don't care...
It makes me want to puke every time I see that loathsome scumbag get received like royalty by the fawning peasants at Stamford Bridge. Just goes to show how many people will line up to worship wealth, no matter how it was earned.
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

This shite about City being favourites because they've spent the most... total shite

The people saying this; the pundits, commentators, bookies, fans etc... they just see the figure, the cash - none of them look at the actual players they've bought. One of em is probably top draw, but I'm suspicious of the rest. And because they boast how rich they are they're made to overpay for shite players like Lescott and Barry, so the transfer fees ain't even anything to go by.
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

City's first XI and squad is very strong. Only weaknesses are CB depth and Hart. They've given their attack more variety and quality and managed to get Barry out of the starting XI. Their biggest problem last season was finishing, which, given the chances they created, was more or less bad luck. Even if it wasn't (luck), they've sold their most inefficient forward and bought two new ones and a winger to add the width they were missing. They should be favourites ahead of Chelsea/United.
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

They were 18 points behind us last season

And were the worst performing English team in Champions League history

4 players and a new manager shouldn't make them favourites, it's silly
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

And how Chelsea are second favourites with Terry and Cahil at the back, the fuck
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

City 2-0 Newcastle

City are playing 442 and are a lot more exposed and less dominant in midfield, but pose a greater attacking threat

Definitely more interesting to watch than Mancini's shite
Dosdamt
Star Man

7 years ago

It's more about what Chelsea have going forward. Chelsea's attack, bar one first rate striker, is easily the best in the league, no doubts.

Citeh have improved but I am not sure they're favorites.