Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Jason
Star Man

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago Niguez on his way to Chelsea by the looks of it. They don't need him and we could do with him.

Real offered £189m for Mbappe but looks like they'll get him on a freebie next year. PSG got more money than sense if that's true.
There's the difference between a club happy with 4th, and a club looking to keep winning the top competitions.

We are going into the season with an injured mctominay, fred, matic, and pogba.

Club still run like a joke.

Chelsea have jorginho( just won uefa player of the year), kante and kovacic, all better options for the centre than what we currently have, and they go out and secure saul, another top quality option.
swampash
Legend

I can see Chelsea being a real contender for winning the PL this season. Wish I could say the same for United.
sheesh
Legend

Liverpool have made a decent start to the season. I thought they might struggle a bit as they've not been as active in freshening up the team as other clubs. It will be interesting to see how long they can keep up their good form for.

Not a great result for City today.
bman2
Legend

Yeah City are struggling for goals. Signing Ron fucked them, whatever it does for us.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Hilarious from City. Mid week Pep asked City fans to actually turn up and help the team cos they're tired after their 6-3 win in the CL. But as ever City fans stayed at home. The ground was three quarters full.

Despite the UAE spending 3bn on an elite squad, manager, training facilities and infrastructure, they still don't have many fans. The sportwashing process is faltering.
dozer
Legend

Chelsea have their boring football in thier DNA. Only Sarri had them play something exciting. Dull as fuck.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

They are boring compared to Liverpool and City, but they have the best balance between defence and attack. They have to be favourites for the title.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I wouldn't say Chelsea are defensive under Tuchel. I've not seen enough of em tbf. But they're really well coached, methodical and unemotional. And it stands out in a league where we've become accustomed to exciting dramatic attacking football played by Pep, Klopp and Bielsa and others who copy their fundamentals. It's a new challenge for those managers, and Ole tbf, because Chelsea pose a different threat. They're going to have to up their tactical game for one, and make sure they're ruthless to keep pace with this rock solid Chelsea team.

You never know though, Chelsea might struggle in winter with injuries, suspensions, packed fixtures etc. It'll be interesting to see how Tuchel copes cos it's relentless in the Prem.
sheesh
Legend

PSG beating City 2-0.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but it's scary how far we are from these teams. Our manager was talking up the "energy and desire" of McFred earlier :((
bman2
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago PSG beating City 2-0.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but it's scary how far we are from these teams. Our manager was talking up the "energy and desire" of McFred earlier :((
It’s actually amazing that we stay up in the CL spots simply by spending a shitload on players. Our football is shit, and we couldn’t even get out of the CL group last time. In terms of the ratio between expenditure and results, we’re awful. The Glazers are shit at business.