Holidays

The original Den of Iniquity
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

swampash wrote: 4 years ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote: 4 years ago Heading out on an Elk hunt (or well armed camping trip) this morning we will be in the field for a little over a week. We will be just south of the Grand Canyon National Park at about 7,500 ft, a very diverse area ranging from scrub oak and chaparral to big Ponderosa Pines.

A little extreme just to miss the Liverpool game I realise, biut ...
Enjoy!
Could have got you to grab me some elk hair - really useful for fly tying. But bought a stash a few weeks ago.
Four and half days criss crossing woods and meadows and did not see a single elk, deer and javelina but no elk.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

RedDevilinAZ wrote: 4 years ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote: 4 years ago Heading out on an Elk hunt (or well armed camping trip) this morning we will be in the field for a little over a week. We will be just south of the Grand Canyon National Park at about 7,500 ft, a very diverse area ranging from scrub oak and chaparral to big Ponderosa Pines.

Enjoy!
Could have got you to grab me some elk hair - really useful for fly tying. But bought a stash a few weeks ago.
Four and half days criss crossing woods and meadows and did not see a single elk, deer and javelina but no elk.
Could that be because of the climate crisis / ecological damage, or did you forget your glasses?
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

Sid wrote: 4 years ago

Enjoy!
Could that be because of the climate crisis / ecological damage, or did you forget your glasses?
It could have also been because old farts walking around the woods make a lot more noise than I used too.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Enjoy!
:)) Fair play
swampash
Legend

Must be time to rekindle this thread, surely?
Greetings from the Liverpool penal colony formerly known as Whitehaven...
fat maradona
Legend

Aye, let's get some chatter going in Off Topic...

I'm currently in Malaysia, here till the 15th.....doing a bit of a road trip kinda thing, hired a car and stopping off at places that take our fancy. The main motivator for coming out here is the food I'll be honest, it's the main motivator anywhere we go tbh. The people are super friendly and it's cheap out here for us tourists. We've been eating out like lords (4 of us) for around £20 per meal, which is fucking ridiculous. And the food is amazing too, we've not had a bad meal yet.

Anyone else anywhere else they'd like to share?
FuB
Site Admin

Sadly, I'm back on the grindstone again but i did spend a nice week in the Appennini mountains between Parma and Genova. Well, most of a week (which constituted walking up and down mountains) and then the last couple of nights we stayed in Lerici which is along the coast from the famous Cinque Terre.

Then we were back here in the sweltering heat and humidity for nearly a week before escaping to the Dolomites for another week of walking up and down (higher) mountains.
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
swampash
Legend

So, bye bye for now.
Heading back to Spain to complete unfinished business with the Camino Santiago.
Felwin
Legend

Just back from a week with the family in Tunisia. Quiet time of year and lovely weather but it was a bloody petri dish out there. We've all come back rotten. Wife and one of the kids on antibiotics and I reckon I'm next :))

Not their fault like, absolutely lovely people. Not sure we'd go to the med at this time of year again though. Much better early summer IMO.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Felwin wrote: 1 year ago Just back from a week with the family in Tunisia. Quiet time of year and lovely weather but it was a bloody petri dish out there. We've all come back rotten. Wife and one of the kids on antibiotics and I reckon I'm next :))

Not their fault like, absolutely lovely people. Not sure we'd go to the med at this time of year again though. Much better early summer IMO.
Isn't it cheaper at this time of year though? I need a fucking holiday. Not happening any time soon though.