Page 5 of 10

Re: Jose Sacked!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:43 pm
by Sid
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:He was better at getting rid of players than bringing them in in my opinion. But I assume that would have sounded good when being interviewed by Woodbrain. "I'll get shut of the deadwood and reduce the wage bill significantly". That would have been music to his ears. Unfortunately, it was a double edged sword. I'm not sure where you get your "fairly cheaply" from. A record £260 million lavished, sounds great, but we don't create anything, we don't score anywhere near enough goals. Do we look like we have a team worth £260 million? No!! Do we have one single player that would be snapped up by one of the class acts, No!! Do this United team look as if it could compete at the highest level, No!! Can anyone who is compos mentis actually say we got value for the £260 million spent, No!!
Yeah getting rid of so many players doesn't just reduce the wage bill it also offsets the spending as well, so they'll love Gaal for getting rid of so many players

But right you speak as though the rebuilding has finished, when it clearly hasn't because we have no strikers and they're open about how they're trying to bring one or two in like Ronnie.

So it looks like Gaal has all of the 3 years to rebuild, so long as he keeps us up there

Re: Jose Sacked!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:49 pm
by Alfonso Bedoya
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:He was better at getting rid of players than bringing them in in my opinion. But I assume that would have sounded good when being interviewed by Woodbrain. "I'll get shut of the deadwood and reduce the wage bill significantly". That would have been music to his ears. Unfortunately, it was a double edged sword. I'm not sure where you get your "fairly cheaply" from. A record £260 million lavished, sounds great, but we don't create anything, we don't score anywhere near enough goals. Do we look like we have a team worth £260 million? No!! Do we have one single player that would be snapped up by one of the class acts, No!! Do this United team look as if it could compete at the highest level, No!! Can anyone who is compos mentis actually say we got value for the £260 million spent, No!!
I have to agree with this... we made some very good signings, but they were mostly "ones for the future", which is fine, if you've already got a good, established squad... we don't... which means that, not only are we not very good right now, but we're putting way too much weight on these kids we've signed, too quickly...

And what really bugs me, is the overwhelming feeling that we've signed some of these players as an investment... I can honestly see both Depay and Martial being sold off at a whopping great profit, as soon as they start to show the quality, that we bought them for... hoping they'd show for United, to help win titles...

Re: Jose Sacked!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:52 pm
by Sid
Alf, I don't think the Glazers are demanding that we have the greatest team at the minute. The goal is to be "up there" during the 3 year rebuild. Gaal is under no obligation to win the league this season, or play interesting football. He'll keep his job if we don't do either.

Re: Jose Sacked!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:15 pm
by Snoopcousins
Sid wrote:That's far too positive a post for Rant, Bman

We kept our world class goalie, Snoop
Kept him because of a fuckup...the deal was done- had we not agreed to sell him and paperwork all agreed with DDG etc....
I don't think we can look at that incident as a LVG masterclass!
If it had went thru as planned ..where the FUCK would we be in the table now?!?! :-?

Re: Jose Sacked!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:49 pm
by bman2
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:He was better at getting rid of players than bringing them in in my opinion. But I assume that would have sounded good when being interviewed by Woodbrain. "I'll get shut of the deadwood and reduce the wage bill significantly". That would have been music to his ears. Unfortunately, it was a double edged sword. I'm not sure where you get your "fairly cheaply" from. A record £260 million lavished, sounds great, but we don't create anything, we don't score anywhere near enough goals. Do we look like we have a team worth £260 million? No!! Do we have one single player that would be snapped up by one of the class acts, No!! Do this United team look as if it could compete at the highest level, No!! Can anyone who is compos mentis actually say we got value for the £260 million spent, No!!
"record spending". FFS, it wasn't even the record last year, let alone the two years combined.

Romero
Darmian -- Blind -- Rojo -- Shaw
Schweini -- Schneidi
Herrera
?? -- Martial -- Depay

That's a decent side right there for about £150M net or so. We know the club has been trying to sign truly top drawer CBs and attackers -- Ramos, Muller, Neymar. Obviously they are hard to get. But there's not much point buying any old shite instead. Otamendi hasn't looked great for City so far, £35M later, nor has Mangala, £40M later. Clear out dross, fill crisis positions (central midfield especially), buy quality instead of a bunch of squaddies, bring young players through. Isn't this what we were begging Ferguson to do for years? This is what it looks like, it doesn't happen overnight.

I have serious concerns about our tactics and coaching, but I think our transfer strategy under van Gaal is looking promising. There's a fairly clear plan at least. After years of penny-pinching randomness, that's a huge plus, and probably the basis of the owners' patience.

Re: Jose Sacked!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:53 pm
by Red legend
Mumford wrote:He lost the dressing room when he got rid of Eva, end of.

Chelsea players are a mafia led by Terry , they did the same to AVB, played like shit to get rid of him.

I bet now Jose has gone results magically improve.

They are cunts all of them, the first thing the next manager in wants to do is get shot of John Terry he's a cunt.
I don't live a million miles from Terry and believe me, he's a total cunt.

Re: Jose Sacked!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:37 pm
by brianofnazarethffs
Red legend wrote:
Mumford wrote:He lost the dressing room when he got rid of Eva, end of.

Chelsea players are a mafia led by Terry , they did the same to AVB, played like shit to get rid of him.

I bet now Jose has gone results magically improve.

They are cunts all of them, the first thing the next manager in wants to do is get shot of John Terry he's a cunt.
I don't live a million miles from Terry and believe me, he's a total cunt.
Do tell......


Has he banged your wife too?!?

Re: Jose Sacked!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:46 pm
by Red legend
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
Red legend wrote:
Mumford wrote:He lost the dressing room when he got rid of Eva, end of.

Chelsea players are a mafia led by Terry , they did the same to AVB, played like shit to get rid of him.

I bet now Jose has gone results magically improve.

They are cunts all of them, the first thing the next manager in wants to do is get shot of John Terry he's a cunt.
I don't live a million miles from Terry and believe me, he's a total cunt.
Do tell......


Has he banged your wife too?!?
No but he's banged the farmers sheep Bri, don't get jealous .

Re: Jose Sacked!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:46 pm
by Alfonso Bedoya
Sid wrote:Alf, I don't think the Glazers are demanding that we have the greatest team at the minute. The goal is to be "up there" during the 3 year rebuild. Gaal is under no obligation to win the league this season, or play interesting football. He'll keep his job if we don't do either.
I'm not sure what your point is... I already said the Glazers are probably happy enough with Van Gall...

Re: Jose Sacked!

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:56 pm
by swampash
Red legend wrote:
brianofnazarethffs wrote:
Red legend wrote:
Mumford wrote:He lost the dressing room when he got rid of Eva, end of.

Chelsea players are a mafia led by Terry , they did the same to AVB, played like shit to get rid of him.

I bet now Jose has gone results magically improve.

They are cunts all of them, the first thing the next manager in wants to do is get shot of John Terry he's a cunt.
I don't live a million miles from Terry and believe me, he's a total cunt.
Do tell......


Has he banged your wife too?!?
No but he's banged the farmers sheep Bri, don't get jealous .
Still reckon he missed his calling as a hod carrier, tbf.