Page 1927 of 1965

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:58 am
by Sid
dozer wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
swampash wrote:
8 months ago
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
I think Dozer wins that bet, Swamps. He's gonna relieve you of a tenner.
Perhaps he will.
At least it adds a bit of entertainment to what is otherwise a pretty depressing state of affairs.
True that. Maybe we should all give it a go, create a bit of drama.

In 10 years time I can blame United for my gambling addiction
Well? Are you betting then?
Nah I'm out of this one

In other news let's hope Lingard goes to Portugal. Not sure how, are loan moves still allowed?

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:29 pm
by Sid
Rumours Pogba is off to Barca in summer

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:41 am
by dozer
Sid wrote:
8 months ago
Rumours Pogba is off to Barca in summer
Haha Pogba playing tiki taka. :))

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:24 am
by swampash
...fingers crossed...!

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:55 am
by fat maradona
You know what, every time I've seen Sancho in an England shirt, especially recently, he has looked shite. In the Bundesliga he looks wicked and his stats are off the charts but in an England shirt, he is anonymous. The more I think about it, the more I think we dodged a bullet because he wasn't going to be our Messiah. He would absolutely thrive in a team like the scousers but not in our team, where the pressure would be huge.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:19 am
by dozer
fat maradona wrote:
8 months ago
You know what, every time I've seen Sancho in an England shirt, especially recently, he has looked shite. In the Bundesliga he looks wicked and his stats are off the charts but in an England shirt, he is anonymous. The more I think about it, the more I think we dodged a bullet because he wasn't going to be our Messiah. He would absolutely thrive in a team like the scousers but not in our team, where the pressure would be huge.
Yep. More proof that Dortmund players won't cut it outside their team/league.
I was called a WUM for stating we shouldn't buy Sancho and for calling out the Dortmund jinx.
Dortmund are great at getting the best out of their players. We should be hiring their permanent staff, not their players.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 pm
by Sid
fat maradona wrote:
8 months ago
You know what, every time I've seen Sancho in an England shirt, especially recently, he has looked shite. In the Bundesliga he looks wicked and his stats are off the charts but in an England shirt, he is anonymous. The more I think about it, the more I think we dodged a bullet because he wasn't going to be our Messiah. He would absolutely thrive in a team like the scousers but not in our team, where the pressure would be huge.
I thought this too. He's shite for England. But then aren't most players. England are shit after all. But still it's enough of a warning to not pay over 100m for him.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:25 pm
by fat maradona
dozer wrote:
8 months ago
fat maradona wrote:
8 months ago
You know what, every time I've seen Sancho in an England shirt, especially recently, he has looked shite. In the Bundesliga he looks wicked and his stats are off the charts but in an England shirt, he is anonymous. The more I think about it, the more I think we dodged a bullet because he wasn't going to be our Messiah. He would absolutely thrive in a team like the scousers but not in our team, where the pressure would be huge.
Yep. More proof that Dortmund players won't cut it outside their team/league.
I was called a WUM for stating we shouldn't buy Sancho and for calling out the Dortmund jinx.
Dortmund are great at getting the best out of their players. We should be hiring their permanent staff, not their players.
Fair johns to you Dozer, you do make some bold statements which hold truth but then there is no fun in agreeing with you because then you'd also start thinking I agree with you on Fellaini and some of the other shite you say.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:16 pm
by bman2
I see that Alaba hasn’t signed with Bayern, so it’s problem not just a negotiation tactic and he does want to leave. I think every club in Europe would be happy to take him. I hope we make a decent effort to get him.

Re: Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:48 am
by swampash
I think it's a re-run of the Kroos saga bman. His contract was due for renewal and he had a good idea of his worth on the market. Bayern wouldn't shift from their offer of €200k a week, so he left, probably reluctantly, because he could earn substantially more elsewhere. I suspect the same scenario is playing out with Alaba. Uli Hoeneß has already been shouting his mouth off in public about Alaba and his agent being too greedy, which is a bit rich coming from someone who has done time for cheating on his tax.
Be a huge addition if we could land him, but I suspect we won't...he'll go to PSG or Real probably.