Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago
swampash wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago I think Dozer wins that bet, Swamps. He's gonna relieve you of a tenner.
Perhaps he will.
At least it adds a bit of entertainment to what is otherwise a pretty depressing state of affairs.
True that. Maybe we should all give it a go, create a bit of drama.

In 10 years time I can blame United for my gambling addiction
Well? Are you betting then?
Nah I'm out of this one

In other news let's hope Lingard goes to Portugal. Not sure how, are loan moves still allowed?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Rumours Pogba is off to Barca in summer
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Rumours Pogba is off to Barca in summer
Haha Pogba playing tiki taka. :))
swampash
Legend

...fingers crossed...!
fat maradona
Legend

You know what, every time I've seen Sancho in an England shirt, especially recently, he has looked shite. In the Bundesliga he looks wicked and his stats are off the charts but in an England shirt, he is anonymous. The more I think about it, the more I think we dodged a bullet because he wasn't going to be our Messiah. He would absolutely thrive in a team like the scousers but not in our team, where the pressure would be huge.
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago You know what, every time I've seen Sancho in an England shirt, especially recently, he has looked shite. In the Bundesliga he looks wicked and his stats are off the charts but in an England shirt, he is anonymous. The more I think about it, the more I think we dodged a bullet because he wasn't going to be our Messiah. He would absolutely thrive in a team like the scousers but not in our team, where the pressure would be huge.
Yep. More proof that Dortmund players won't cut it outside their team/league.
I was called a WUM for stating we shouldn't buy Sancho and for calling out the Dortmund jinx.
Dortmund are great at getting the best out of their players. We should be hiring their permanent staff, not their players.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago You know what, every time I've seen Sancho in an England shirt, especially recently, he has looked shite. In the Bundesliga he looks wicked and his stats are off the charts but in an England shirt, he is anonymous. The more I think about it, the more I think we dodged a bullet because he wasn't going to be our Messiah. He would absolutely thrive in a team like the scousers but not in our team, where the pressure would be huge.
I thought this too. He's shite for England. But then aren't most players. England are shit after all. But still it's enough of a warning to not pay over 100m for him.
fat maradona
Legend

dozer wrote: 3 years ago
Yep. More proof that Dortmund players won't cut it outside their team/league.
I was called a WUM for stating we shouldn't buy Sancho and for calling out the Dortmund jinx.
Dortmund are great at getting the best out of their players. We should be hiring their permanent staff, not their players.
Fair johns to you Dozer, you do make some bold statements which hold truth but then there is no fun in agreeing with you because then you'd also start thinking I agree with you on Fellaini and some of the other shite you say.
bman2
Legend

I see that Alaba hasn’t signed with Bayern, so it’s problem not just a negotiation tactic and he does want to leave. I think every club in Europe would be happy to take him. I hope we make a decent effort to get him.
swampash
Legend

I think it's a re-run of the Kroos saga bman. His contract was due for renewal and he had a good idea of his worth on the market. Bayern wouldn't shift from their offer of €200k a week, so he left, probably reluctantly, because he could earn substantially more elsewhere. I suspect the same scenario is playing out with Alaba. Uli Hoeneß has already been shouting his mouth off in public about Alaba and his agent being too greedy, which is a bit rich coming from someone who has done time for cheating on his tax.
Be a huge addition if we could land him, but I suspect we won't...he'll go to PSG or Real probably.