Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

swampash wrote:
6 months ago
Sure, but it might also be the catalyst that's needed to force a re-think on British coaches.
Yeah like I said if this runs parallel with a plan to modernise the game, and quickly, then the effects might be lessened. But it takes 10 years to bring through top quality youth so it ain't looking great.

I think the biggest impact on English football will be the inevitable ban on heading the ball. That will force players to use the ball more with their feet.
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

I was just watching Amad Diablo playing for Atalanta. He’s definitely talented, but he’s also definitely a kid still. And he’s small. It makes me think that we bought him and the Uruguayan kid of the same age because we’re spending big on youth before that option is closed down. Maybe we wouldn’t have bought them if we’d spent a load on someone like Sancho, but I don’t they’re intended as an immediate replacement for Sancho. It’s more about spending big on premium youth talents, who might come through in a year or two, at the earliest.
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

I just checked the age of Amad Traore in case we aren't allowed to sign him, and he'll be 18 and a half in Jan so it should be okay. I'm not sure if he'll get through the new points system though, cos the gov want you to have played a lot for your country and other daft stuff. Who knows. They need to make it clearer
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

swampash wrote:
6 months ago
Could be good for the British game. Probably would put some downward pressure on wages too, which would also be good.
Nah, it'll be the opposite. The best English players will be even more overpaid and overvalued than they are now. The top clubs will be competing for them.
bman2
Legend

6 months ago

The quality of the PL will fall. The richest clubs will hoover up all the decent English players. The bottom 12 or so clubs will be championship level, or maybe not even that. Even championship clubs have plenty of quality foreign players.

If the top clubs joined some European super league, and just left the FA's competitions, would they be exempt from all this I wonder?
swampash
Legend

6 months ago

bman2 wrote:
6 months ago

If the top clubs joined some European super league, and just left the FA's competitions, would they be exempt from all this I wonder?
Probably...might be what is behind the plan?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggedy beasties and things that go bump in the night, Good Lord deliver us...and while you're at it, a bit of a helping hand with hobbits wouldn't go amiss...
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ill-signed

The new points system does apply to all foreign players, and it's based on FIFA rankings and international caps - so fuck knows what that means for Amad Diallo from Atalanta whose barely played for his club let alone his country.

Exceptions can be made for players of the "highest quality". That needs some clarity.

But these rules would have meant Pogba and Fabregas couldn't have joined the Prem. Now the right wing reactionary prick that came up with these changes would say 'good, we can produce our own Pogba and Fabregas' to which I'd probably spend about 3 weeks pissing myself relentlessly cos British football isn't capable of producing players like that for those positions
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

Your next gen of Pogba & Fabregas will just go to Spain, Germany etc and strengthen their leagues. Like many things with this right wing Brexit, it's policy that's harking back to a time that didn't really exist and will end up having a negative effect

I guarantee the private schooled ministers, MPs and SPADs that have come up with this shite don't watch football. They probably hate it tbh.

One thing I'd like to know is what the billionaires and fascist states that own our clubs make of this. If they spend 150m on a top player, he plays. They won't be prevented by immigration policy. The Mansours etc do what they want. And the Tories do as they're told or else they'll stop buying tens of billions of pounds worth of British made weapons, turn off our oil etc.
dozer
Legend

6 months ago

Is this a rule already or just a proposal?
Sid
Legend

6 months ago

dozer wrote:
6 months ago
Is this a rule already or just a proposal?
Starts Jan 1 2021, so less than a month away