Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

The transfer strategy is piss poor tbh. Nev said yesterday he's worried they don't have a plan other than to sign Dutch players Hag already knows. I agree. Like Bman says, if one of the targets doesn't come off, there is no back up plan, no similar player in another league. It's as if they're not looking elsewhere. They probably genuinely aren't.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago The transfer strategy is piss poor tbh. Nev said yesterday he's worried they don't have a plan other than to sign Dutch players Hag already knows. I agree. Like Bman says, if one of the targets doesn't come off, there is no back up plan, no similar player in another league. It's as if they're not looking elsewhere. They probably genuinely aren't.
The club is so incompetent, and it honestly looks like they’ve managed to be even worse than it was under Woodward. Murtaugh hired Rangnick, a DoF, to be a short term head coach, and now he’s hired a training-focused manager with no transfer experience and given him full transfer control. Farce.
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 1 year ago
Sid wrote: 1 year ago The transfer strategy is piss poor tbh. Nev said yesterday he's worried they don't have a plan other than to sign Dutch players Hag already knows. I agree. Like Bman says, if one of the targets doesn't come off, there is no back up plan, no similar player in another league. It's as if they're not looking elsewhere. They probably genuinely aren't.
The club is so incompetent, and it honestly looks like they’ve managed to be even worse than it was under Woodward. Murtaugh hired Rangnick, a DoF, to be a short term head coach, and now he’s hired a training-focused manager with no transfer experience and given him full transfer control. Farce.
I think your being overly harsh on eth. Hes come in, and seen options, and has pointed who he thinks are better options.
Malacia sounds promising, eriksen is a class player, and martinez I've no real clue, but hopefully he can improve the back line and get best out of maguire.

De jong is a unique player from what I've heard listening to ed on the podcasts on this, there is no real alternative to what he does, and eth sees him as a key signing, I think that's fair enough, and the club obviously still feel they can get the deal done, otherwise I am sure they are working on alternatives in the background.

There is still over 3 weeks till.the deadline closes. Let's wait and see what happens before we call the season a write off.

If we can land de jong, id say its a decent window in terms of signings, but I guess that's a big if.
fat maradona
Legend

It does seem annoying that ETH doesn't appear to have options lined up, perhaps there are options but ETH is insistent on who he wants? This is either balls of steel management or it's a mistake, only tme will tell. For me, I'd rather it was like this than the likes of Woodward buying who they want without any regard to what the manager wants. At least this way, the manager can play his style of football. Not keeping Ralf on is madness in my opinion but none of us know what went on behind closed doors. ETH does seem to me to be a stubborn bastard, who wants to do it all himself and all his way. Reminds me of a certain Scotsman who came to the English league all those millions of years ago.
bman2
Legend

Well he’s staked the whole summer on signing De Jong. If it works out, he deserves full credit. But if it doesn’t, that’s a serious fuck up that could have seriously bad consequences for the season. Another season of McFred is just not acceptable.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Manchester United consider £10m Marko Arnautovic deal to boost attack

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... dApp_Other

That new transfer policy is great, what a transformation
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Manchester United consider £10m Marko Arnautovic deal to boost attack

Fuck me.
bman2
Legend

Club is FUCKED
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 1 year ago Manchester United consider £10m Marko Arnautovic deal to boost attack

My worry is that he’ll turn us down for the same reason Timber did: his national team coach (Rangnick) will tell him he won’t get in the WC team playing for shit like United =))
bman2
Legend

Oh Arnautovic played for TH at Twente. We really are only interested in players he personally knows. It’s bonkers.