Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago Fuckin hell, Varane announced. Fair Johns
Yeah Real Madrid’s calculation here is interesting. Presumably they are paying Alaba very well, but they didn’t seem to want to go to the same level for Ramos or Varane. OK Ramos is in his mid-30s, but do they think Varane is on the decline? I really hope he’s great for us.
swampash
Legend

Still need to get Trippier in and free up AWB to move to DM and we’re on the right path. Assuming Pogba will go, the hobbit needs to grow up re. Van de Beek.
Still a lot to clear out.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Still need to get Trippier in and free up AWB to move to DM and we’re on the right path. Assuming Pogba will go, the hobbit needs to grow up re. Van de Beek.
AWB in midfield would be a disaster. Hes nowhere near good enough on the ball.
swampash
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago Still need to get Trippier in and free up AWB to move to DM and we’re on the right path. Assuming Pogba will go, the hobbit needs to grow up re. Van de Beek.
Not so sure about that. He’s an embarrassment going forward from FB but defends well and has real pace. As a midfielder breaker-up of attacks I think he would have something to offer and would free us up to play a midfield diamond instead of 4231.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago
Not so sure about that. He’s an embarrassment going forward from FB but defends well and has real pace. As a midfielder breaker-up of attacks I think he would have something to offer and would free us up to play a midfield diamond instead of 4231.
Embarrassment is harsh, he got 4 or 5 assists in the league last season. Ole needs to take AWB aside and make him train intensively with an attacking coach for a few months. He’s talented. As a spectator, the results of our coaching are hard to see. We’re shit on set pieces, but there’s also no evidence of players like AWB developing. He looks like the same keen young player we signed two years ago.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Sky reporting that PSG have made contact with Pogba's representatives. Will he want to leave now we have Varane and Sancho? We're about PSGs level. I think the United project is more exciting at the min. And you're never sure that Mbappe and / or Neymar will still be at PSG. Every summer they're linked with moves away.
bman2
Legend

I’d sell him if PSG make a decent offer. Time to move on.
Jason
Star Man

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I’d sell him if PSG make a decent offer. Time to move on.
I kind of agree, especially if he's indicating that he won't sign an extension, then its no brainer!

Hes world class, but doesn't provide it consistently enough for my liking.
bman2
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago
bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I’d sell him if PSG make a decent offer. Time to move on.
I kind of agree, especially if he's indicating that he won't sign an extension, then its no brainer!

Hes world class, but doesn't provide it consistently enough for my liking.
If PSG offered 40M or so, that would be enough to sign a good midfielder right now. I think the problem for the club is that they target signings like Pogba and Sancho for their commercial potential. So they’ll want a replacement with a bit of buzz around them, like Camavinga maybe.
bman2
Legend

Some of journalists have said that if we sign Trippier, it’s likely to be at the end of the window. So that might still happen. It kind of looks like we won’t be signing a midfielder. Pogba is likely to stay and be a cock all season, with him and Raiola making a circus of where he signs next. Let’s hope he plays well at least.

If we manage to play a higher defensive line, that could help our midfielders by not asking them to cover as much ground. I suspect our midfield will continue to be a bit of a non-entity next season, but the defense and attack should be improved, maybe even improved a lot.