Manchester United chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago
dozer wrote: 2 years ago
Greenwood is excellent on the right. We don't have one on the left. Rashford can't pass and has the Nani syndrome.
I'm not worried about the left. Rashford's stats are great even when he's had a shit season. He scored more than Cavani this season.

We're bodging on the right. Greenwood's not a wide player, he cuts inside too often cos he's a natural goalscorer that wants to be in front of goal. And he'll play there more next season because Cavani only has 25/30 games in him. So we need a new player on the right.

But it's got to be someone that will get chalk on their boots to stretch the play. Also a player that's dedicated to beating the FB and putting in balls. It would give us great balance (cos Greenwood keeps getting sucked in to the box) and would complete our attack.
Sid you’re thinking is sometimes soooo last millennium...
Lol how so?
...wingers, Sid....crossing to centre forwards...things of the past.
Ah, okay, well I'm not talking about Kanchelskis. Sancho is miles more dynamic than that. He's a forward rather than a winger. What I mean is he'll give us a bit of what City have in Sterling, in how he starts wide, gets in behind, puts in a simple ball and it's a tap in for Aguero.

Also having an actual wide man, who stays wide when he hasn't got the ball, stretches the opposition and creates space for others. That seems to be the most effective way of breaking down a low block.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Jadon Sancho: Manchester United have £67m bid for Borussia Dortmund winger rejected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57433323

99% of the Sancho stuff is bollocks, but lots of 'credible' sources are reporting this so there might be something in this one. Also I reckon the club are trying to sign him before the euros, because if he has a good tournament his fee will rocket.
dozer
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago I actually think swapping Pogba for Ronaldo is not a terrible idea. I’d be against just buying Ronaldo. But we should get something for Pogba instead of letting him walk away on a free next summer. So swapping Pogba for Ronaldo might be the best of a bunch of not great options.
Getting one of the two best players in the world is never a bad idea. He's top scorer in the serie a. He'll do more for us in a single season than what Pogba does for the rest of his career.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Jadon Sancho: Manchester United have £67m bid for Borussia Dortmund winger rejected

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57433323

99% of the Sancho stuff is bollocks, but lots of 'credible' sources are reporting this so there might be something in this one. Also I reckon the club are trying to sign him before the euros, because if he has a good tournament his fee will rocket.
Fuck man. This is fucking shit!
No one seems to want him except us.
The good thing about sancho is he can make the simple passes and doesn't have a brain injury like Martial and Rashford.
But I could have said the same about Mkhitaryan. These fees are silly.
swampash
Legend

I suspect we will offer the sort of money that will get rejected, so the owners can claim they tried to back a rebuild. Not that I would want Sancho anyway. Our priorities lie in other positions, which will probably be ignored.
fat maradona
Legend

£43m for Trippier? ffs, he's 30 years old and not even that good. He wouldn't be back up for AWB, he'd probably start and we'd have AWB playing as a DM.
swampash
Legend

The hobbit has already said he’s planning on trying AWB as a CB in pre-season.
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago The hobbit has already said he’s planning on trying AWB as a CB in pre-season.
Really?
I wonder if he's planning to move to a 5-3-2 formation. We don't have wingers anyway.
If it works, it seems like a useful formation. It also gives us the option to bring on an other attacker as a sub by taking off a defender if we're not getting goals. And hopefully helps our players play in their natural positions.

We current have no players who can cross but we have four wide positions. This eliminates two wide positions
Last edited by dozer 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago £43m for Trippier? ffs, he's 30 years old and not even that good. He wouldn't be back up for AWB, he'd probably start and we'd have AWB playing as a DM.
The transfer makes no sense for that kind of money. But it's a deal we'd do cos he's english and in the last year of his contract so he's getable. Forget the fact we have a championship CB and no CDM, we'll sign Trippier cos it's an easy deal.
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago The hobbit has already said he’s planning on trying AWB as a CB in pre-season.
I didn’t know that. I’ve been saying that for ages!