Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

It could end up like de Beek. Players like de Beek and Sancho can look great at Ajax and Dortmund, playing in a well-developed tactical system. But then they struggle when they come to United, where the tactical plan is for 6 players to park the bus and the other four to show “character” and “magic”.
swampash
Legend

Bonkers to waste time chasing Sancho. Not where our priority lies. Just more evidence that the hobbit hadn’t a clue.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

We don't have an attacking threat on the right, so we do need a right winger, and Sancho would be great. We'd be more balanced and able to stretch teams, which would be useful against cunts that sit in. It'd be closer to what City have, were the opposition don't have enough players to pick everyone up. Whereas right now they double up on Rashford, Fernandes, and shut us down.

But our attack is doing well without a threat on the right so it's not urgent. Meanwhile the defence is catastrophic. I just hope the club are looking at CBs unbeknownst to the media. If we start another season with a Jose CB in the 11 I don't think I can cope. The manager of the 7th placed team in a poor league is not someone that can identiify a CB that's United level. It's as neglectful as the rusting steel that's holding up the roof on the north stand.
fat maradona
Legend

Apparently we are back in for Tielmans, happy to pay £65m, a couple of years after he was offered to us for £15m. The decision making at the club is fucking ridiculous.
dozer
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Bonkers to waste time chasing Sancho. Not where our priority lies. Just more evidence that the hobbit hadn’t a clue.
What? I thought you were an advocate of Dortmund players. I remember arguing many times with you that they generally flopped elsewhere.
dozer
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago We don't have an attacking threat on the right, so we do need a right winger, and Sancho would be great. We'd be more balanced and able to stretch teams, which would be useful against cunts that sit in. It'd be closer to what City have, were the opposition don't have enough players to pick everyone up. Whereas right now they double up on Rashford, Fernandes, and shut us down.

But our attack is doing well without a threat on the right so it's not urgent. Meanwhile the defence is catastrophic. I just hope the club are looking at CBs unbeknownst to the media. If we start another season with a Jose CB in the 11 I don't think I can cope. The manager of the 7th placed team in a poor league is not someone that can identiify a CB that's United level. It's as neglectful as the rusting steel that's holding up the roof on the north stand.
Greenwood is excellent on the right. We don't have one on the left. Rashford can't pass and has the Nani syndrome.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

dozer wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago We don't have an attacking threat on the right, so we do need a right winger, and Sancho would be great. We'd be more balanced and able to stretch teams, which would be useful against cunts that sit in. It'd be closer to what City have, were the opposition don't have enough players to pick everyone up. Whereas right now they double up on Rashford, Fernandes, and shut us down.

Greenwood is excellent on the right. We don't have one on the left. Rashford can't pass and has the Nani syndrome.
I'm not worried about the left. Rashford's stats are great even when he's had a shit season. He scored more than Cavani this season.

We're bodging on the right. Greenwood's not a wide player, he cuts inside too often cos he's a natural goalscorer that wants to be in front of goal. And he'll play there more next season because Cavani only has 25/30 games in him. So we need a new player on the right.

But it's got to be someone that will get chalk on their boots to stretch the play. Also a player that's dedicated to beating the FB and putting in balls. It would give us great balance (cos Greenwood keeps getting sucked in to the box) and would complete our attack.
sheesh
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago Apparently we are back in for Tielmans, happy to pay £65m, a couple of years after he was offered to us for £15m. The decision making at the club is fucking ridiculous.
We'd be better off hiring someone who knew how to play Championship Manager (or whatever it's called nowadays)
swampash
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago Bonkers to waste time chasing Sancho. Not where our priority lies. Just more evidence that the hobbit hadn’t a clue.
What? I thought you were an advocate of Dortmund players. I remember arguing many times with you that they generally flopped elsewhere.
That’s bollox dozer. It’s not about clubs, it’s about what we strategically need. And Sancho isn’t what we need.
swampash
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago

I'm not worried about the left. Rashford's stats are great even when he's had a shit season. He scored more than Cavani this season.

We're bodging on the right. Greenwood's not a wide player, he cuts inside too often cos he's a natural goalscorer that wants to be in front of goal. And he'll play there more next season because Cavani only has 25/30 games in him. So we need a new player on the right.

But it's got to be someone that will get chalk on their boots to stretch the play. Also a player that's dedicated to beating the FB and putting in balls. It would give us great balance (cos Greenwood keeps getting sucked in to the box) and would complete our attack.
Sid you’re thinking is sometimes soooo last millennium...