Manchester United chat
swampash
Legend

Good question...
sheesh
Legend

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

For the love of fucking god, another new deal for Mata. 9 games, 1 goal and 2 assists in the league for him this season.

And Lee Grant - eh? Why did we sign Tom Heaton? I wonder which goalkeepers are leaving then?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... -june-2021

Eight players are being released, and those include first-team goalkeepers Joel Pereira and Sergio Romero, as well as six members of the Academy: Jacob Carney, Mark Helm, Iestyn Hughes, Arnau Puigmal, Max Taylor and Aliou Traore.
Jason
Star Man

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago
Paul Woolstein is extending.. we're sorted lads..
bman2
Legend

jason_uk wrote: 2 years ago
sheesh wrote: 2 years ago
Paul Woolstein is extending.. we're sorted lads..
No way we’d regret letting a player called Woolston go.
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
swampash wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years ago Looks like there's something in the Trippier rumours
Really?
What’s the source Sid?
All of the football media are reporting on our interest, which is usually just churnalism, but this deal makes sense he's got 1 year left on his contract and Atletico are umming and arring about giving him another one. He also just won la liga so he might want a new challenge. So no single credible source (there aren't any when it comes to transfers IMO) but it feels legit. Also it's classic Glazer era United to strengthen a position we don't need to.
If there's anything to these stories, I think he's not a bad option to have in terms of squad depth.

As you say, however, the question would be if we're looking at someone like him over a priority position.
sheesh
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/m ... -june-2021

Eight players are being released, and those include first-team goalkeepers Joel Pereira and Sergio Romero, as well as six members of the Academy: Jacob Carney, Mark Helm, Iestyn Hughes, Arnau Puigmal, Max Taylor and Aliou Traore.
I swear these headlines are clickbait. Chucking out kids whilst shite like Jones and Lindelof are stinking out the place.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I've only ever seen Sancho for England and he looks shit. What am I missing? 90m....?! I think I'd rather just keep Lingard....
bman2
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 2 years ago I've only ever seen Sancho for England and he looks shit. What am I missing? 90m....?! I think I'd rather just keep Lingard....
I haven’t seen him look great for England either, which is a bit concerning given the well-known phenomenon of players looking great at Dortmund but ordinary when they transfer to another team.

I’d just as soon have Raphinha if he is gettable. Cheaper, good performances in the prem already. Left footed too.

But the Glazers will get Sancho because they’ll calculate (rightly) that it will please a lot of supporters and help kill the Glazers out movement. Then there will be very little money left over for a CB and RB. I’ve a feeling we won’t be getting a midfielder.