Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

It’s obvious that we’re not going to sell Pogba and he’ll leave on a free after spending one more Mickey Mouse of a season at United, when his top priority will be avoiding injury.

We won’t buy a midfielder either. Get ready for another season of McFred protecting Maguire.
fat maradona
Legend

Coming from Fabrizio, it must be true. Just hope we don't get bent over by Real on the fees.

Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I reckon Varane is using us to get a new deal, but cos Madrid's finances are in a terrible state, they're prepared to let him leave

He's one of their top earners, and I reckon Madrid have an eye on the future when the chickens come how to roost ala Barca.
sheesh
Legend

I hope we don't play silly buggers over the fee and turn this into a long drawn out affair, like we always do.
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago I reckon Varane is using us to get a new deal, but cos Madrid's finances are in a terrible state, they're prepared to let him leave

He's one of their top earners, and I reckon Madrid have an eye on the future when the chickens come how to roost ala Barca.
It seems different. It was obvious with Ramos.
sheesh
Legend

I don't think it's going to happen.
swampash
Legend

sheesh wrote: 2 years ago

I don't think it's going to happen.
Nah, it’s bollox. Our owners are playing it along to signal commitment and he’s using us to get a better deal.
bman2
Legend

I hope you’re wrong. Given that Ole doesn’t seem to rate any of our CBs beside Maguire and (maybe) Lindelof, we could probably do with two of them even.

To be fair to Varane, it’s probably a dodgy prospect from a football perspective. He’s been playing alongside Ramos for years, one of the very best in the world. If he comes here, he’ll have to deal with Maguire, whose job is to stand in one place showing a Brexit voter’s notion of “leadership”, while his partner has to cover all the ground and take all the blame for any goals conceded.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Madrid will either get him off their books completely or give him a not-quite-as-big new contract cos their finances are fucked. I reckon he'll take the latter.
swampash
Legend

Yup, I suspect you’re right Sid.