Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Mad stat: City have never spent more than 62m on a single player under Pep. Despite the fact everyone knows they have hundreds of billions, they haven't had to overspend.

United on the other hand spent 89m on Pogba, 80m on Maguire and 75-100m on Lukaku. They see Ed coming and they rinse him.
It’s embarrassing, but that’s not the worst thing. It’s the incompetence, the money wasted, the targets missed...
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

City have created an environment where the best want to go. It makes a huge difference in transfer negotiations. We used to have it - so, when a Rio or a Rooney became available, we’d just hint at interest and the player did the rest. Other than wads of cash, there’s nothing about our environment that appeals now. You’re not going to win anything, the football’s shit, the tactics and coaching is shit. You’re not going to develop. Players fare better after leaving too
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Btw with De and Gea and Cavani possibly leaving, that frees up a lot of room on the wage bill. Whether we reinvest it in new players is another thing. I doubt it. I think they're shrinking the wage bill permanently to help make up for the massive covid losses.
bman2
Legend

A big hassle this summer is Pogba. Surely the club can’t let him leave on a free next summer, so they’ll want to sell him now. It’s going to be tricky enough to arrange and to get a decent price.

At the same time, it means we’ll have to get a replacement. If we don’t, I think we’ll be going backwards, because we obviously need some creativity and control in central midfield. Are we going to try to get a player who simultaneously is a DM and a top passer? Is such a player even available?

Meanwhile, I would think that several players will want to leave because they aren’t getting much game time. De Gea, Cavani, Telles, Beek etc. Not all of them, but some of them.

Cavani will have options, that’s easy. Though it will leave us light up top. De Gea is trickier given his wages, it’s a bit of a Pogba situation. But I think he’ll be highly motivated to move, he’s not going to want to sit around. Any job in Spain might suit him given his personal situation. We’ll likely pay him out to some degree.

But given how shit we are at handling signings in the best of circumstances, I would expect all this to be a big distraction and a lot for our incompetent club to handle. I’m not super confident right now that we’ll end the summer with a sense of making progress. It might be more like last summer, treading water.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The midfield needs real work. We failed to get Bellingham last summer for 25m, so the logical assumption is that we'll bid 60m this summer - and still not get him.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Imagine losing Pogba, Cavani and De Gea in one window. It could genuinely happen. It'd be a massive drop in quality and squad depth.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 3 years ago Imagine losing Pogba, Cavani and De Gea in one window. It could genuinely happen. It'd be a massive drop in quality and squad depth.
And it won't be replaced. The cycle continues.
FuB
Site Admin

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago Imagine losing Pogba, Cavani and De Gea in one window. It could genuinely happen. It'd be a massive drop in quality and squad depth.
And it won't be replaced. The cycle continues.
It's more of a downward spiral than a cycle
NQAT's official artificial intelligence
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

True
bman2
Legend

It’ll happen. Maguire is sick of all the foreigners making him look shit. And as long as he doesn’t have a go at the Scandinavians, Ole is ok with whatever Dear Leader Harry wants. Dear as in expensive, and leader as in, no fucking leadership. Geddit? I’m proud of that one.