Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 3 years ago
Sid wrote: 3 years ago We're apparently talking to West Ham about Rice. Looks like we're using Lingard as leverage.

I need to watch Rice properly cos I don't rate him, and I think I'm wrong
Massive upgrade on Fred, great engine and great attitude. He'll never be world class but a DM doesn't need to be.
Kante, Vieira, Makelele, Busquests and Cambiasso were world class. Casemiro too
We should aim high.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

If Spurs become the latest casualty of the personal and professional destruction of Jose Mourinho, and City sign Haaland who Pep has been fawning over in the press recently, then we could genuinely sign Kane in summer
bman2
Legend

Keano is funny there. Definitely sounds like he knows something. Kane’s an excellent player, so he’d be a great signing simply in terms of improving us. But he’d be very expensive, is closing in on thirty, and has fairly persistent injury problems. Haaland or Mbappe would be more prudent signings once you’re spending really big money.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 3 years ago Keano is funny there. Definitely sounds like he knows something. Kane’s an excellent player, so he’d be a great signing simply in terms of improving us. But he’d be very expensive, is closing in on thirty, and has fairly persistent injury problems. Haaland or Mbappe would be more prudent signings once you’re spending really big money.
In theory Haaland is a more sensible signing cos he's younger so you'll get more out of him. But Raiola is a cunt and will try and move him on after a year or two so he gets another pay day. I also think he's City bound. Look at these fawning comments by Pep https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -city-move

So I think we might have to 'settle' for Kane, an ageing striker with injury problems, but whose obviously shit hot. I also think Kane would enjoy the stardom that comes with United, and the idea of being our main man.

But tbf, it comes down to the Glazers, who're probably not gonna spend much this summer
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I think Kane is better than Haaland, but obviously older. I’ve watched Haaland a bit this season and he’s a talent. But Kane makes more happen for himself. His all round game is better. Haaland doesn’t have the sort of technique that City players do. I’m not sure he’s the right fit. Mbappe would be better for them.

3 or 4 years of prime Kane could be dynamite here. But we wont get him
bman2
Legend

Kane has become so good at bringing other players into the game, he would suit our style of play (or lack of attacking style...). We don’t have any classic wingers, except James. So he might be good at bringing the likes of Rashford and Martial into it, laying it off for them. We also have a few midfielders who are good at coming into space around the edge of the box, like Fernandes, Beek, and Pogba. He could help set up them too.

So in terms of play style, I think he might actually be better for us than Mbappe or Haaland. But I still wonder how the financial aspect of this would work out. He signed a long contract, Levy is hardly going to let him walk at a discount. Would we really spend what would be required?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Kane, Rashford, Greenwood, Fernandes and Pogba would be fucking special. Arguably the best in Europe.

But then you look at the defence, Lindelhoof and fucking Maguire, and the drop off in quality is laughable

But Kane's 25/30+ goals would paper over the cracks. His goals would put us in control of games were normally a high pressing attacking philosophy would.
dozer
Legend

We shouldn't buy Kane. He'll be 28 by next season.
We'll need to avoid that age for high fees.
Lets buy Haaland if we can get him or someone new.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

We're not getting Haaland. I want fuck all to do with Raiola. If we want to go young, we should go for someone like Calvert-Lewin. And for that right hand slot, we should steer clear of Sancho if the price is anything like 100m. We should be in for Raphina. We'd probably get him for something like 50m and he's been quality. Good age to, at 24.
fat maradona
Legend

Edfuckingwoodward wrote: 3 years ago We're not getting Haaland. I want fuck all to do with Raiola. If we want to go young, we should go for someone like Calvert-Lewin. And for that right hand slot, we should steer clear of Sancho if the price is anything like 100m. We should be in for Raphina. We'd probably get him for something like 50m and he's been quality. Good age to, at 24.
Spot on lad. We aren't the big fish anymore, players like Haaland will come in and then start making noises to move to Barca or Real in 2/3 years time. Sancho is massively overpriced. There are plenty of really good players out there that we overlook and could get for sensible money. Sure, we should be aiming for world class players but the Glazers won't want to pay that sort of money and nor do we have the coaches to get best use out of a worldie.