Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago
fat maradona wrote: 2 years ago £43m for Trippier? ffs, he's 30 years old and not even that good. He wouldn't be back up for AWB, he'd probably start and we'd have AWB playing as a DM.
The transfer makes no sense for that kind of money. But it's a deal we'd do cos he's english and in the last year of his contract so he's getable. Forget the fact we have a championship CB and no CDM, we'll sign Trippier cos it's an easy deal.
I don’t believe we’d pay that for Trippier, especially in Covid times. He has two years left. But unless something is worked out, which it might be, right now post-Brexit rules are due to kick in that would mean Atlerico have one non-EU player too many, so they might be motivated to ship Trip. That’s why we’re circling. Plus he’s wanted to move to Unites for a while.

He’s better than AWB, don’t know why people are calling him a back up.
swampash
Legend

Trippier is an upgrade. I’m in favour of upgrades.
bman2
Legend

Pogba’s looking like he’s going to have a good tournament, so we might sell him for decent money this summer. Whether we’ll buy a decent replacement is much more doubtful. It’ll be a kick in the sack to be reminded of how good a player we have just before he leaves.

He’ll probably play like a demon wherever he goes, because he’ll be making up for lost time. Pissed away a good portion of his career playing for Jose and Ole.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

I think he'll stay
bman2
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years agoI think he'll stay
Do you mean sign a new contract, or just see it out and leave for free?
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 2 years ago
Sid wrote: 2 years agoI think he'll stay
Do you mean sign a new contract, or just see it out and leave for free?
Sign a new deal. He probably shouldn't, but I think he will.

The crosshairs Jose put on "the virus" to deflect from his own failings have gone since Ole took over. Pog is just another player now. Ole deserves credit tbf. So I think Pog is happier now, and content enough to stay.

If he leaves I reckon it's cos United need the money. I'm conscious of the fact we had to borrow 60m to keep the lights on.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Kane has to be 30m cheaper after his shitshow at the euros
Jason
Star Man

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Kane has to be 30m cheaper after his shitshow at the euros
Lol, true.

Levy was living in lala land if he thought he'd get north of 150 he was rumoured to be looking for.

Sancho should have dropped a bit as well, not managed a single minute, and he's our next saviour.

I was looking forward to seeing what he was capable of, don't think I've ever seen him play live.

Twitter is clamouring for him, wonder how many of those have actually watched him play other than the glory you tube highlights.
swampash
Legend

Sid wrote: 2 years ago Kane has to be 30m cheaper after his shitshow at the euros
I suspect Kane's best times are behind him. Don't touch...
fat maradona
Legend

swampash wrote: 2 years ago
I suspect Kane's best times are behind him. Don't touch...
If that's the case then I see the club breaking the bank for him.