Unrealistic summer transfer wankfest III

Manchester United chat
sheesh
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago We're apparently screening a number of free agents. Probably out of necessity, but i think its smart. I think there's real value out there that make a genuine difference to us, leaving us to target 2-3 players with the funds we do have.

We should be all over Eriksen. Cover and competition for Bruno, can play on the flank of a front 3. Former Ajax player, so whilst he's not played under Tag, their style doesn't change a huge amount over the years. Competition for him will be light - City and Liverpool won't be in, Chelsea don't need him, can't see him going to Arsenal having been at Spurs. A return to Spurs is a maybe, but I don't think he'd work in a Conte setup. Newcastle may fancy him, but will they go for free's when they've got a fuck ton of cash? It ticks every box.

Isco. OK he's 30 now, but will he give more than we've been getting from Lingard, Rashford or Greenwood? I'd think so.

Sergi Roberto. Can play in 3 or 4 positions.

Dybala plenty of ability but isn't he supposed to be a bit of a cunt? we don't want any more of those. Unless I'm mistaken, and maybe he'd fancy hooking up with Ronaldo again. Bellotti - 100 goals in 230 Serie A games. That's seriously impressive. And he's a unit, he could be made for the PL.

Kamara - he's supposed to be good. 22, DM, plenty of potential.

There's tons more out there. https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/tr ... n-a-bosman

Most of them won't transform the team, but when you look at the minimal impact of those we're losing for free, the cash we're freeing up etc, 2 or 3 smart free signings which should be easy and quick to do, coupled with 2-3 quality signings could make a big, big difference.
Good post this.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Lot of talk tonight that we've agreed a deal for De Jong....
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago Lot of talk tonight that we've agreed a deal for De Jong....
Someone remind me if he's any good?

For me he was class at Ajax, got a big move, but was shite at Barca. Is that right?
swampash
Legend

No idea; he’s totally escaped my radar.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

I thought he’d done well at Barca but they’re brassic and need cash.

Hag will know him better than anyone though, so if he comes in then its a good sign the manager is being backed properly…
fat maradona
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I thought he’d done well at Barca but they’re brassic and need cash.

Hag will know him better than anyone though, so if he comes in then its a good sign the manager is being backed properly…
He had an underwhelming period at Barca but has recently come good. He doesn't want to leave but Barca need the money. He's decent but he's not worth £70m on current form.

Bellotti is a great shout, when we were supposedly in for him back in 2017 I'd said that he would be perfect for the PL. He's built like a tank and he's a good finisher but he's not a technical player which is why he gets overlooked. In a system which feeds him the ball around the goal, he'd be more prolific. We ended up signing the PR stunt aka Lukaku and look how that turned out.
dozer
Legend

fat maradona wrote: 1 year ago
JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago I thought he’d done well at Barca but they’re brassic and need cash.

He had an underwhelming period at Barca but has recently come good. He doesn't want to leave but Barca need the money. He's decent but he's not worth £70m on current form.

Bellotti is a great shout, when we were supposedly in for him back in 2017 I'd said that he would be perfect for the PL. He's built like a tank and he's a good finisher but he's not a technical player which is why he gets overlooked. In a system which feeds him the ball around the goal, he'd be more prolific. We ended up signing the PR stunt aka Lukaku and look how that turned out.

70m is a galactico signing. And he doesn't want to leave Barca? This means we'll also be luring him with more money than what he'd otherwise get.
This means we won't be signing too many players and we'll struggle to get rid of him if he turns out to be crap.
We have a fantastic track record of being shit with signings > 50m.

If this is true, what are we doing different this season? We're still signing galacticos who don't really want to join us, from other teams. It's actually worse, considering this galacto has flopped in Barca.
I can recommend Lukaku if this is the case. We need a striker after all. If I were the director of this club, I can't make worse recommendations even if I tried.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

The idea of Barca looking to sell De Jong because its a financial necessity for them to be able to do a couple of deals that they think will make the team better has got me thinking.

If we could get 100m for Bruno, would you do it? That 100m could get us De Jong and Timber. Throw in Eriksen on a free amd thats a net zero transfer spend, but I think it gives us a much better side.

I'm not saying Bruno is a problem for us, but the extent to which we're fucked and need to rebuild needs us to be bold.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think Bruno can be replaced by Eriksen, for free. I think Eriksen is a better player, so assuming his fitness and health aren't an issue, I think there's a chance for us to do something creative for a change.
fat maradona
Legend

JoelfuckingGlazer wrote: 1 year ago The idea of Barca looking to sell De Jong because its a financial necessity for them to be able to do a couple of deals that they think will make the team better has got me thinking.

If we could get 100m for Bruno, would you do it? That 100m could get us De Jong and Timber. Throw in Eriksen on a free amd thats a net zero transfer spend, but I think it gives us a much better side.

I'm not saying Bruno is a problem for us, but the extent to which we're fucked and need to rebuild needs us to be bold.
I'd happily take £100m for Bruno. He seems to have lost his mojo since Ronaldo rejoined us, the goals have dried up and he loses the ball far too much. A season or two ago people were contemplating whether Bruno or De Bruyne were the best in their position, it's no fucking contest at the moment. Sell him and reinvest into what we do actually need.